View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 03:07 AM   #52185
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect View Post
I don't disagree with that at all, but what is he arguing? For reform?
I only disagree with it because he kinda sidestepped the questions by bombarding everyone with low-hanging fruit.

Kinda funny that Kenny King is championing the business, but how is the question "why is rey rey being disrespected?" answered with "because some indyriffic chick pulled a tampon out her twat"? How is the [attempted] question "why is wrestling not disrespected in other places around the world" being rebutted with the Joey Ryan dick flip... which originated in Japan, and the media there still treats it as a legit thing? And throwing New Day in with that jizz really seemed like a cheap way to get a larger bout of attention/heat to trend on twitter, especially with the "not cool for adults" which is kind of the point of ND as a whole; fitting that role of kid-centric attention getters. I'm really surprised he didn't go for something about two unknowns beating eachother with light tubes or some backyarder who went viral. If this rationale were followed back in the day during the height of the Monday Night Wars, he'd point out the match between Beulah and Fonzie in ECW to explain why someone may have scoffed at The Rock or Sting. If he wasn't trying to be a heel here, he sure is a natural at it.

Please absorb my comments before responding, because I am in no means defending Joey Ryan, nor do I disagree there is ridiculous shit and will be the first to admit I usually fall on the Cornette side of things when it comes to presentation. And again, it's kinda funny that Kenny King is bringing up a valid point about a legend being disrespected. That's almost like if New Jack would tweet telling people to calm down and not doing anything rash or violent in the moment and that cooler heads will prevail.

TL;DR What I'm saying is the answer to why was Brawn being shit on by Keith Olbermann is not Joey Ryan's penis, and Brad's answer being such made it seem like an irrational mad-on. Like he and Vince had a one-night stand, and didn't call him back after, so now all wrestling is "a carny industry".
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote