View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 11:44 PM   #457
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Fan View Post
NCAA having meetings today discussing the possibility of letting athletes profit off their name and likeness.
Good. I still think it's ridiculous that Tressell got run out of Columbus and Pryor having to rush to the NFL over some of the guys trading clothes for ink (and also all the rumblings of "death penalty" because of it), but just a couple of seasons later, Johnny Football was literally taking money for autographs and nothing was said about it in relation to A&M being punished.

Personal fandom sour grapes aside, I hope they do side for the players. The archaic idea of student-athlete is outdated, exploitative, and insincere. Schools, athletic departments, bowl game executives, and head coaches (and a few of the top-tier recruits) make a ton of money off the back of a lot of guys who, for the most part, are living in their final glory days for free. And when they can't even do shit like get a work-study job or extra meals without it encroaching on their eligibility, that tells me that the system has needed updated for quite awhile now.