View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 08:25 AM   #1914
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect View Post
That’s a good spot for Tony.

. Then, in the most show conference, two of your EVPs talk about how the chair was gimmicked.

What is the point of trying to create this tension for a pay-off if the bosses are just going to try and snap you out of it? I actually don’t understand it. It’s like flipping the lights during an intense play.
I know! I got marks on my head from scratching so much after that. I don't think in industry as whole can totally align through kayfabe the way it once was. But at least holding up the truth to a story (line) instead of pulling back the curtain constantly is much more entertaining. Look at Austin, even in his podcast (and yes he does pull the curtain but you can tell it's still a little weird for him) sometime's he'll have a wrestler guest on his pod and they end up cutting promo's at each other. You know it's not real but it's still so fun because Austin is one of the best characters there is so to hear a promo by him is going to be better than 99% of the active wrestlers.

When it comes to wrestling on TV I want them to keep kayfabe. Simple as that. And yeah I'd prefer they keep kayfabe in the presser and not pull back the curtain to say things like "oh that wasn't supposed to happen" or "What happend wuz" or "the gimmick didn't work as planned" etc...

No you won't be able to convince me wrestling is legit competition but you can make me believe even for a moment (and it's worth it) that someone went too far, went into business for himself, you can through confidence and commitment make stories seem real. Real enough so that you don't feel the need to expose that they are fake.

As I mentioned earlier I was looking to that sports element talked about for AEW. But in all likelihood it won't be stronger than NJPW's presentation. I just don't see how it can be. Maybe it's because it's in a language I can't understand but it's quite easy to suspend your smarter belief and buy into moments (many) of realism regularly produced by NJPW.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote