View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 10:15 PM   #710
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
My Fire Pro Lethal Lottery tag tourney has yielded some great drama. I kinda winged the match order when I started because I didn't know who would win, but as the blocks started to wind down I tried to push off matchups to ensure a meaningful final day and it worked out brilliantly with 4 teams alive in each block on the final night.

A BLOCK: Rollins/Brodie control their destiny at 12 points. Win the main against Chris Jericho/Tomohiro Ishii and they win it all, simple enough. But Jericho/Ishii, Styles/MJF and Colt/Suzuki can all get to 12 points and everyone would need different tiebreakers. As far as I can tell a 4-way tie at 12 points actually puts Colt/Suzuki through since Seth/Brodie and Jericho/Ishii would be 1-2 in those matches and they've beaten Styles/MJF head to head.

B BLOCK: 4-way tie at 10 points. Keith Lee/WALTER face Adam Cole/Cody so somebody's getting 12 points there. But both teams need to root for help as Bryan/Ricochet have beaten them both, and ZSJ/Dunne have beaten all three of them. Adding to this is that ZSJ/Dunne beat all of those teams despite starting the tournament 0-3, they've stormed back.

ZSJ, Bryan, and Suzuki have been deadly in this tournament. Submission guys have a huge advantage once a match gets to around 20 minutes. A signature hold that late seems to be a near-instant tap with no opportunity for the opponent to break up the attempt.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote