Thread: NFL Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 01:02 AM   #2214
Tom Guycott
Wrestling Marks Rejoice!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Sigh. Browns being predictable. Hoyer will now get a "last chance", then they'll milk the Johnny Football cash cow into the next season... and the team will still be mediocre. Then, they'll draft the next hot young QB savior the following year, and Manziel will have to look over his shoulder... and that isn't even taking into account the possibility of a new head coach, since they kinda breeze through those as an organization as well.

They squander any talent they get in the position by always getting a young lion to nip at the heels and aquiese to fan wishes for immediate change, instead of just saying "this is our guy- deal with it" and building to the future without creating their own damn drama.

In perspective: Matt Ryan has started for Atlanta since drafted in 08 in the wake of that whole Michael Vick thing. In that same time span, Cleveland has shifted to 11 (well, now 12) different starters. A dozen QBs in six years. Can't build confidence and improve ability in the space of a cup of coffee, and the team can't become "better" overnight. Can't keep their head in the game if they constantly have to fear the next guy coming in to take their job.

And I don't even want to discuss the trainwreck my 49ers have become... tis a dark time for my pro football fandom.

At least my college team beat "that team up north".