View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 12:02 AM   #3449
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Mantis View Post
Just started "Disc 2" of FF7, so probably halfway if my memory serves me right.

Forgot a bunch of details surrounding the big death. Cait Sith "dies" immediately before Aeris and for some reason I found it sadder, there's absolutely nothing sad or even dramatic about it since he's a robot but the scene just plays really weird like it's a major event. Odd.

The last interaction of Cloud / Aeris prior to her leaving the group is him literally beating the shit out of her. That's going to be an interesting scene in the Remake, definitely expect that sort of thing to be changed haha.

I never really got behind CloudxAeris, it seemed like that was the narrative the game wanted to take, Cait Sith pretty much says it outright that they are the OTP, but I guess at this point Cloud is Zack, so there actually never is any CloudxAeris, its all Zack and it was always Zack. Tifabestgirl.

Hojo is the biggest dick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
Tifa <3

Just started GoW2018
Startling admission time: "the big death" wasn't so much of a blow for me as it was many, as *I* was one who assumed Tifa in the first place. You have your big breasted, badass fighter, childhood friend on one hand and some random chick you just met who oozes that annoying, tropey "tee hee hee, look how frail and innocent I am" thing that is apparently culturally sexy, but I never got on board with finding that appealing so I never "got" it. Hell, I didn't know the Gold Saucer date scene was flag dependent, and got Tifa my first time through even though the game is set up to funnel you towards Aerith unless you knew how to do otherwise.

I didn't even use the flower girl all that much, and when I started using her a bit more, it was when she gets her best weapon with all the extra materia slots... which isn't all that long before she bites the dust. I was a bit more upset that I bothered starting to use her more RIGHT BEFORE she goes all Obi Wan. Could've been leveling someone else. Character wise, though, I wasn't really supper attached at all.

I forgot about Cait as well. And I actually remember thinking, when they revealed who he actually was, that the actual person would be joining the party for awhile. Then that never happened.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote