View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 03:15 PM   #28
Cool King
King K Cool

Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
This card is stacked. Unnecessarily so. There's a ladder match, casket match, Royal Rumble. You are guaranteed new champions in one of the matches. 9 matches outside the Royal Rumble. Jeez. I'll laugh if it has poor attendance.

Not going to lie, though -- I kind of enjoy it when the WWE just don't give a fuck and book something randomly and let your imagination do the work for it. I'm more pumped about the idea of this show than WrestleMania.
It's because it's in Saudi Arabia.

This wouldn't be happening if the PPV was in any other country.

The Saudi market is a very lucrative one and this is all part of Saudi Arabia's social and economic reform program. Every PPV is business related but everything about this PPV is more business related than usual. That's why everything is being thrown at it and we have this insane card that looks like it was created by a hardcore ten year old fan.

I really doubt the attendance will be poor though.

Reigns is facing Lesnar for the title. Along with India, Saudi fans absolutely adore Reigns and the possibility of seeing him become champion live in their own backyard will be seen as a once in a lifetime opportunity that can't be missed.

It's because of that that it makes it 110% likely that Reigns will win, as it'll make perfect business sense and it'll also show Reigns being portrayed on WWE TV receiving cheers and adulation like Vince wants.

The same can also be said for Cena. The Saudis also love Cena so seeing him live will be something not to be missed and especially when he's in a match and facing Triple H of all people, as this could be the first and only time Triple H wrestles in Saudi Arabia as he's a part time wrestler these days.

As for The Undertaker, he's much like Triple H in that he's another big name that will have to be seen live by Saudi fans as he's part time, especially when the match he'll be in is his own specialty match, a match that really doesn't come around that often.

Another big selling point for Saudi fans is that there are so many titles being defended and that they are guaranteed to see a new champion/champions crowned and probably in their minds, Saudi Arabia taking its place in WWE history via one or more title historys and that it hosted the largest Royal Rumble Match in history.

For Vince, this is like shooting fish in a barrel. This PPV is a guaranteed success.
Cool King is offline   Reply With Quote