View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 08:03 PM   #971
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito View Post
In general, while I trust Gedo with booking long-term story arcs with the top singles stars - I feel like it becomes his sole focus and he subsequently goes into autopilot with the rest of the divisions.

The Junior Tag League wound up being completely pointless. The World Tag League didn't have much intrigue because EVIL and SANADA were obviously winning as they weren't going to be left off of WK. And the singles junior division, while hampered by the Hirmou injury, just feels like it's "there".
In theory, I don't mind this. Your main drawing cards should feel more like an arc, whereas the others can be more frivolous for emphasis. From my understanding, the Junior Tag League was won by Sho and Yoh to give them a babyface push, but Shingo and whoever his partner is have just kind of edged in? It's a decent heel tactic to create champions for the babyfaces to eventually beat. It's a neat trick, so I wouldn't say it's "meaningless." Putting EVIL and Sanada in position to challenge for the main tag belts makes sense.

I guess I agree with the gist of what you're saying, but I don't think it's a bad thing. It's kind of foundational pro-wrestling.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote