View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 05:29 PM   #58841
Supreme Olajuwon
You know that’s right

Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Here’s how David Bixenspan describes it from his review of Kanyon’s book:

Quote:
After years of desperately trying to stay closeted (aside from confiding in his best friend, Jim Mitchell), Kanyon decided in late 2001 to come out within wrestling and pitched an angle where he'd essentially be himself, a non-stereotypical, openly gay wrestler. His friends liked the idea, but it got no support from the WWE creative team.

After a series of injuries sidelined him, he got back into ring shape in WWE developmental territory (OVW) and was set to return on the February 15th, 2003 episode of SmackDown. When he got to the TV taping, he learned that he would be returning in an in-ring segment as part of the feud between The Undertaker and the Big Show.

As a "gift" from Big Show, Kanyon would come out of a giant box (closet?) dressed as Boy George, sing "Do You Really Want To Hurt Me?" to Undertaker and get beaten up by him. Kanyon had his qualms, especially since it came off as a vote of no confidence for his idea for a gay gimmick, but felt he had to go along with the angle.

If it was bad enough that the segment was seemingly designed to embarrass him and put him in his place, but it got worse—much worse. While he was the long-time "locker room leader" of WWE and ostensibly a safe veteran wrestler, The Undertaker was clearly reckless in beating Kanyon with the chair, concussing him with the hardest shot to the head you'll ever see.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...is-a-must-read

I guess it could be coincidental. But I dunno it sure sounds like it. Maybe I’m reading too much into it.
Supreme Olajuwon is offline   Reply With Quote