View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 11:41 PM   #64
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan X View Post
If the Saudi money doesn't come through and or if this was the last show in Saudi Arabia then I think WWE will begin to release a large amount of talent. They always cut roster when things get tight. There are guys that they hold onto out of spite like Luke Harper and I could see him getting released. Him and a ton of NXT talent that hasn't "made it".
Nope.

I mean, they could, but they're back on their toy collecting bullshit, because they don't want anyone going to AEW or New Japan or elsewhere to have any sort of improved leverage against them being the perceived top dog. They have too much talent that they're not really doing anything with, even with the current structure of NXT non-TV developmental, "main roster" NXT, NXT UK, and a split main roster of RAW and Smackdown. They could easily get rid of a lot of the percieved dead weight... but then that "dead weight" has a chance to become a big deal and potentially make a lot of money for, say, Billy Corgan instead of Vinnie Mac, and that's a chance WWE doesn't want to take.

They didn't even do the spring housecleaning they usually do around Mania time to the extent that they usually do most likely because AEW was a very loud rumor. If the timeline were different and they *did* land Omega and The Bucks, that "threat" would have gone away and there would have probably been future endeavors all around for financial room.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote