View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 06:12 PM   #3
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I was torn between Cactus and Mankind. I think Cactus has probably got a more...dynamic body of work? I don't really know how to say it, but I feel like a true Mick Foley fan would love his Cactus stuff more. I went with Mankind because I feel that it is possibly the most significant stuff he did. The promos he did in the WWF helped change things, and I think his influence is underrated, whereas others are overrated.

Steve Austin is the reason the WWF turned around, and Vince and Tyson were important to that. I think guys like The Undertaker and HHH get way too much credit for just being around (Taker was at least a foil for Austin at some points). Mankind shook things up big time. He was arguably Taker's best opponent outside Shawn Michaels, and moments like him winning the WWF Title are just out of this world crazy and endearing.

His Mind Games match with Shawn Michaels is underrated as hell, and it's one of my first ports of call when I'm trying to explain to people how wrestling used to be a lot more "organic." Foley has participated in the dwindling of his own legacy, but the WWE didn't remember Mankind as fondly as I think they should, given that they like that revisionist history where they big-up everything they do.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote