View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 02:16 PM   #160
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XL View Post
(Potentially) Unpopular Opinion

Potentially because I haven’t settled it in my own mind; I’m not sure I’m a big fan of “Strong Style”. Danielson/Suzuki or WALTER/Dragunov literally beating the shit out of each other is the exact opposite of what pro wrestling is supposed to be. The idea is for it to look like it hurts, not go away with a beet red chest and welts all over the body.
Not a bad take. Like anything, it’s how it’s done. WALTER/Dragunov falls more into a modern European style for me. I wouldn’t want to see a whole card of it, but for a main event it was fucking awesome. Danielson/Suzuki was horrendous.

There’s way too much romanticised about puroresu, and people forget the business is basically on its ass there too. A lot of westerners come at it from an otaku point of view and just assume that Japanese wrestling = good.

Remember when Luke Gallows and Albert got really good in Japan because they were in Japan and Japan is awesome? Yeah.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote