View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 06:18 PM   #194
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
It's not insane to think that a heel would win, but it's more that they should win that is garnering criticism. I mean, should the Rumble Winner head into an opening match? You're arguing what the WWE does, but I think Destor and I are coming at it from a logical perspective. Why would you waste such a big star-making moment on a heel that you're hopefully going to beat at WrestleMania? It kind of washes away the whole event.
No, I know that's what YOU were arguing. I think Destor was just doing his devil's advocate/arguing for fun thing though. Especially after the "faces pretty much do always win with few exceptions" thing. Since '92, a heel has won the rumble about 40% of the time. Also, he thinks Reigns is a heel so Reigns winning would be insane too by his logic.

As far as what you mean, yeah. I pretty much agree. The two titles thing fucks everything up. Ideally there would be one and if that were the case, it would be a different conversation. Although sometimes a heel chasing works. I don't like the idea of constantly just taking the title off of your face champion at the beginning of every year just to make sure there's a heel champion going into WrestleMania. It gets repetitive and if you keep taking the title off the face so that he can constantly chase then the chase starts meaning less and less. You've gotta tell a different story sometimes. Hell, the biggest match in WrestleMania (and possibly wrestling) history featured a heel chasing.
#1-norm-fan is offline   Reply With Quote