View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 10:16 PM   #863
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Raw last night did 2.32 million viewers, the lowest figure since the Paul Heyman regime began.

The number was going to be down greatly from last week because of how Raw Reunion was going to be a number that couldn't be duplicated this year. The drop was 25 percent. But it was also down five percent from the show two weeks earlier.

There is a mixed bag regarding the show itself. The first hour started low -- not a good sign after such a high number the prior week. But it held up better than usual with only a 7.2 percent first-to-third hour drop ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 2.41 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.32 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.23 million viewers
Quote:
Marko Stunt is the latest addition to the AEW roster.

Stunt announced today that he's officially signed with AEW: "It’s my 23rd birthday, and I can’t think of another way to celebrate, than by announcing something huge! I would like to announce that I have OFFICIALLY signed with @AEWrestling! Thank you to everyone who has supported me, and everyone at AEW! This is just the beginning"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
During a media conference call on Monday, Becky Lynch spoke to POST Wrestling’s Wai Ting about her initial apprehensions regarding WWE’s use of her real-life romance with Seth Rollins in a storyline against Lacey Evans and Baron Corbin ahead of Extreme Rules:

Honestly, I was very apprehensive. Just because… I don’t know that… I don’t know that we needed to see… What I didn’t want was everybody talking about the relationship. What I wanted was two bad asses, two people at the top of their game fighting side-by-side. Not for the world to be reminded every five minutes that this is Becky Lynch’s boyfriend or that’s Seth Rollins’ girlfriend. Which, of course, they didn’t do. They were the masters of subtlety.
Quote:
ROH and CMLL are partnering together for a three-show tour this September.

It was announced today that the Global Wars Espectacular tour will take place across three days in September. It will begin in Dearborn, Michigan on Friday, September 6. The tour will then continue in Villa Park, Illinois on Saturday, September 7 and then conclude in Milwaukee, Wisconsin on Sunday, September 8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Legendary World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) champions Hulk Hogan and Steve Austin sit down at the 2019 Raw Reunion to record an episode of Austin’s self-titled PodcastOne show. During the interview, Hogan reminisces on the feeling of selling out arenas in the 80’s, the events that led to a major smackdown between Hogan and his tag team partner, Randy Savage, and the timeline behind being recruited by the infamous Eddie Graham. Below is an excerpt from the episode, available now on PodcastOne and Apple Podcasts.

On Hogan’s Fight with Randy Savage:

Hogan: “When I first met Randy, man, he was the best at everything. I loved working with him. The only really b*tch we had was in Paris, France one night… Elizabeth [Savage’s wife at the time] was my manager, and we went to the ring in Paris. There were no steps. Elizabeth was probably 95 or 100 pounds soaking wet. So, I reached over the top rope - reached all the way over where she’s standing next to me - and grabbed her by the armpits, picked her all the way up - she had a dress on - and put her in the ring. [Randy said,] ‘You son of a b*tch you grabbed her boobs…We walk up and he grabs a headlock on me, but he puts that side headlock on me. I’m hanging in - I’m hanging in there - and I didn’t want my eyeball to pop out, so I grab his waist and I squeezed. ‘Randy, if you don’t let go, I’m going to dump you on your head.’ He was so pissed at me. The match sucked. We had a horrible match…We went back to the dressing room in Paris, and I walked in. I said, ‘Randy, we need to talk right now.’ I reached to open the door, and when I pulled the door, I ripped it off the hinges. The door was so old and so rotted by termites...So, me and Randy went in the back and [he said] ‘Hey, man, I’m sorry I got mad.’ I said, ‘Randy, I’m sorry too. I didn’t mean to touch her inappropriately – there were no steps.’ But I think the door is the thing that kind of cooled everything down, it was hanging on by a thread.”
Once again, Macho was right about Hogan having the "jealous eyes" for Miss Elizabeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
If WWE's YouTube banner can be believed, we are getting a one hour Summerslam Kickoff this year instead of the two hour broadcast we have seen in the past.

I also noticed that WWE began uploading the Raw clips on YouTube during the third hour of the show. Before, segments would usually appear on the YouTube channel within a half-hour of the East Coast airing. As previously discussed many times on the site, I wouldn't be surprised if USA Network didn't ask WWE to delay the videos to maximize live viewing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
With the expected drop from the Raw Reunion, there was a drop in the amount of wrestling by 25 minutes from last week ...

Only officially announced 24/7 Title Matches will be considered for this column.

Here is a breakdown of the matches on each show broadcasted this past week:

WWE Raw
* none

WWE Smackdown
* Ember Moon versus Charlotte Flair: 1 Minute

205 Live
* none (no women's division)

WWE NXT
* Bianca Belair versus Xia Li: 3 Minutes
* Io Shirai versus Kacy Catanzaro: 1 Minute

WWE NXT UK
* Jinny, Jazzy Gabbert, and Kay Lee Ray versus Toni Storm, Piper Niven, and Xia Brookside: 8 Minutes

WWE Main Event
* Naomi versus Sarah Logan: 5 Minutes
If it wasn't for NXT UK and Main Event, last week would have been a total disaster for women's wrestling in WWE in terms of ring time. Making things worse was last week was the 1 year anniversary of WWE officially announcing their first ever all-women's event Evolution.

Quote:
WWE is advertising a 6 pm Eastern start time for the SummerSlam kickoff show on Sunday, August 11th. This would mean the kickoff show will be one hour as opposed to the usual two for a big four event. It would also indicate fewer matches unless they plan to have the show run later than usual. I think this is a smart move as the big four events have become marathons to get through and the kickoff show being cut in half is a sign that ease of viewing is a priority compared to the “number of hours consumed”. The main portion of SummerSlam is still listed for a 7 pm start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Santino Marella is coming to DDT Pro Wrestling.

Anthony Carelli, or better known by some as former two-time WWE Intercontinental Champion Santino Marella will be making his debut for DDT Pro Wrestling at the promotion's 'Summer Vacation: Memories Of 2019' show on August 25th at Korakuen Hall.
Quote:
On the B Block side, everyone is mathematically alive but if Moxley defeated Yano that would eliminate Jeff Cobb, Tetsuya Naito, Taichi, and Shingo Takagi. So, Moxley is probably due for a loss and Yano gets the big upset win over the undefeated leader of the block.
Quote:
A number of people have noted that ICW from Scotland appears on the WWE Network when you search for it, as well as a weekly show "Fight Club" as a series. Both are locked at the moment. It appears this is getting ready for the new content that will appear on a more expensive tier when they start the three-tiered network.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote