View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 09:52 PM   #864
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
After a night in which Raw had its poorest showing since mid-June, SmackDown ratings fell 12 percent for Tuesday night's episode. The show averaged 1.911 million viewers after two straight weeks over the two million mark.

Despite going up against the first night of this week's Democratic Party debates, SmackDown retained the usual 82 percent of the Monday night audience. The debate dominated the cable TV news ratings while averaging almost nine million viewers on CNN ...

The show fell over 20 percent from the same week in 2018, a similar drop to what Monday's Raw suffered. It will be interesting to see if the Roman Reigns cliffhanger leads to an increase next week.
Quote:
After being set up at Fyter Fest, Cody Rhodes vs. Shawn Spears is now official for All Out.

Episode three of the Road to All Out featured a contract signing for Cody vs. Spears. Tully Blanchard, who is managing Spears, had it stipulated that Cody and Spears will each only be allowed to have one person in their corner for the match ...

Tully Blanchard was revealed as Spears' manager on the first Road to All Out episode.
Quote:
WWE and 2K Sports released the first two screenshots for WWE 2K20 today, with the screenshots featuring Brock Lesnar and Bayley. The cover of WWE 2K20, game footage, and more information will be revealed on Monday.
Links: https://twitter.com/WWEgames/status/1156565209718259712, https://twitter.com/WWEgames/status/1156576210878513152

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
IDW Comics' Jim Cornette Presents: Behind the Curtain—Real Pro Wrestling Stories by Jim Cornette, Brandon Easton & Denis Medri has been officially released. The graphic novel's promotional material notes, "Pro-Wrestling's secrets and greatest moments are immortalized in this graphic novel from legendary wrestling personality Jim Cornette. A true-story style anthology, these insider tales will show the lengths that wrestlers went to uphold "kayfabe" (the old carny term for the presentation of legitimate conflict), as well as the noteworthy cultural, racial, and economic effects these events and characters had on society. This is the graphic novel that old school wrestling fans have been waiting their entire lives for: a no-holds-barred representation of the moments that wrestling insiders couldn't talk about for years."
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
LAX are advertised for the 8/15 and 8/16 Impact tapings in Mexico City at Frontón México Centro de Entretenimiento. Their current deals are slated to expire at the end of August. They have not agreed to a new deal with Impact as of this writing. Also advertised for the Mexico tapings are Impact Champion Brian Cage, Knockouts Champion Taya, Rhino, Konnan, Rob Van Dam, Moose, Tessa Blanchard, TJP, and Tenille Dashwood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE NXT star Karen Q underwent surgery this morning to repair her broken ankle.

Q suffered the injury over the weekend while working the Atlanta live event.

There is no word yet how long she will be out of the ring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
MLW is teasing Kevin Von Erich will be appearing at their 9/7 debut in Dallas, which is being built around Marshall and Ross Von Erich and the first-ever War Chamber match, which looks to be The Von Erichs & Low Ki & Tom Lawlor vs. CONTRA Unit. Timothy Thatcher and Davey Boy Smith Jr. are also set for that show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Raw Women's Champion Becky Lynch did an interview with talkSPORT. The Man had the following comments on whether she sees a second Evolution pay-per-view happening, "Oh, absolutely! First and foremost, it was one of the best pay-per-views of the year. And that’s not me being biased, that’s a fact,” Lynch confidently stated. “It had Match of the Year on it, including yours truly. Absolutely, I don’t see any reason why not. I think we have a strong enough women’s division [without Rousey], as long as they tell the stories around us and let us go. And… that’s all I’ll say.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
THE GREAT 'ROWDY' RODDY PIPER PASSES AWAY: 7/31 THIS DAY IN HISTORY

2015 - One of the greatest performers and talkers in the history of professional wrestling, Rowdy Roddy Piper, passed away at the age of 61 from cardiac arrest in Los Angeles, CA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
It was announced on today's episode of NXT UK that Tyler Bate will challenge WALTER for the NXT UK Title at TakeOver: Cardiff. Bate returned from a month-long absence to go after WALTER and the rest of Imperium. After the brawl, Sid Scala made the NXT Title bout official for Aug. 31.
Quote:
Fightful has learned a little more news on some current WWE injuries.

We mentioned last week that Bobby Lashley had been sidelined with an undisclosed injury. While we don't specifically know the injury in question, WWE internally has him listed as being out well into the fall. On a recent list that Fightful Select was able to see, they have Bobby Lashley with a November 2 return date.

Jeff Hardy, who has been sidelined with knee issues, is also listed to return on November 2. The list also featured the names of Peyton Royce and Ricochet who have since been cleared.

Jinder Mahal's patella injury has him listed as a "January 1" return. He'd just signed a new five-year deal ahead of the injury. Previous reports had indicated a possible return at the end of the year.

Tamina, who suffered a concussion, is listed as "TBD." Based on the listing we saw, Ronda Rousey and Jason Jordan were both listed as much of the same.
Quote:
Throughout the Monday Night Wars, one match fans clamored for was Hulk Hogan against Steve Austin. The bout would have pitted the top two stars in their respective companies and two of the biggest box office attractions of all-time against each other. When WCW went out of business and Hogan returned to WWE in 2002, the dream match looked possible.

However, Hogan ended up working with The Rock at WrestleMania X-8 while Austin battled Scott Hall. In the end, Hogan and Austin never met in singles competition.

On the latest episode of his podcast, Austin talked with Hogan about why the match never came together.

"I was in such a different headspace when that window of opportunity presented itself. Sometimes I kick myself in the ass over it. I was so frazzled towards the end and was just in a bad space. It never happened. And it should have happened. I think if we could have just got in a room, you and I, and just talked," said Austin. "[When you came to WCW], I remember, I'm up-and-coming and here comes the biggest attraction in the history of the business to WCW and I'm thinking, 'Great, here comes the top attraction and now I'm another notch down the ladder.' I always had this grudge against you because you were the guy. How am I going to overtake [you] when I can't even get past midcard status? It was a competitive grudge. [When you came back to WWE], if we had ever got into a room, we probably could have done business together. That's one of the biggest regrets off my career outside of not showing up against Brock [Lesnar]. I would have loved to work a program with you."

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote