View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 10:23 PM   #866
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
AAA presents their biggest card of the year with TripleMania XXVII from Arena Ciudad on Saturday night in Mexico City. The show is streaming live on Twitch with the pre-show at 8 pm Eastern and the main card at 9 pm ...

The English commentary for TripleMania is expected to feature Matt Striker and a new announcer. Rob Bihari was on our show this week and said he could confirm that. Vampiro has said publicly that he is calling the show but on his podcast this week, Konnan hinted that might not be the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Cain Velasquez said in an interview today that he has two more dates with AAA after TripleMania. He didn't say what they were but presumably that's the Madison Square Garden and Forum in Los Angeles shows. I do know that when the deal was made for Velasquez, the idea was he would do MSG if he didn't fight on 9/21 in Mexico City, and he's not fighting on that show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Some updates on the WWE Netflix film The Main Event, which is currently filming in Vancouver, British Columbia:

*WWE NXT star Babatunde has been cast in the role of the lead villain of the film.

*NXT star Keith Lee will have a tremendously important and large role in the film. One source noted that they wouldn't be surprised to see Lee get a big push timed with the release of the film.

*Otis of Heavy Machinery will also be featured.

*A number of local independent wrestlers are working on scenes this week. We are told that Ace Steele (who played Donald Trump many years ago on Raw and recently was a Guest Coach at the WWE Performance Center) seemed to be producing/agenting matches involving those for the film ...

We are told by one source who has seen the initial scripts that the show resembles "a Kevin James sort of sitcom comedy" but with Show in that lead role. We are told by those who has seen the initial scripts that they have been very funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
DK Publishing will be releasing a WWE book titled WWE Beyond Extreme in March 2020. Promotional material for the book, by Dean Miller, notes:

Top action from the most rip-roaring matches and incidents across the world-renowned WWE franchise. Hell in a Cell, No Holds Barred, Extreme Rules, Survivor Series, Last Man Standing, Payback--major WWE events like these convey just one thing: nail-biting excitement. WWE Beyond Extreme features WWE's greatest Superstars in their most edge-of-the-seat, over-the-top events. Celebrate iconic moments in WWE history, such as Big Show and Brock Lesnar's battle that collapsed the ring. Discover WWE's scariest and strangest Superstars. Get blown away by tougher than tough, one-time encounters, such as Stone Cold Steve Austin and Booker T's supermarket clash. Marvel at spectacular takedowns and death-defying stunts, like Shane McMahon's elbow drop off a 20-ft-high steel cage. Sports entertainment doesn't get more extreme!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Broadwayworld.com has an article on a pro-wrestling related musical called "Rockquiem for a wrestler" by Philip Paul Kelley which had a first reading at the Triad Theater in NYC in March 2019. The musical is a dramatic parody inspired by the life of Ivan Koloff. There will be a second elevated reading set for spring 2020 also at the Triad Theater ...

The official website for the musical is at https://www.rockquiem.com and notes the musical "is about a champion wrestler named IKAN KOOLOFF (I-Kin Cool-Off). A dramatic parody inspired by the legendary wrestler IVAN KOLOFF. The plot centers around Ikan revisiting his past while answering questions during a “Look Back At The Life Of A Legend” interview at a radio station. He struggles with his memories as if “wrestling” with the duality between his quest for success and fame and the price he paid for it. He recounts his pursuits beginning from youth as a reckless teenager ending up an ex-convict to his crazy days as a wrestler which lead to his struggle with alcohol and drugs and ultimately his choice for recovery. The play explores the social impact of Entertainment Wrestling in an age when the public’s hunger, thirst and fascination for spectacle entertainment and reality TV has become obsessive and insatiable. The action moves forward to flamboyantly and spiritedly dramatize his life, encompassing the dangerous, absurd and often tragic lives of wrestlers within the world of Entertainment Wrestling often transporting the audience to being at a Rock Concert."
Quote:
Jim Smallman has revealed he will be leaving Progress Wrestling at the end of 2019. He will finish with the company on December 30th at their Chapter 100 card. Smallman already works full-time on NXT UK and will be focusing solely on that position when he steps away after this year. Smallman launched Progress alongside Jon Briley in 2012 with Glen Robinson joining the three. Smallman was also the front-facing representative for the group as its ring announcer and was excellent in that role that was closer to an MC than strictly ring announcing. The promotion held its first card in March 2012 and grew to become a highly influential promotion contributing to a renaissance of the UK wrestling scene. The promotion will continue to operate under Briley and Robinson.
Quote:
The G1 Climax heads into Osaka this weekend with back-to-back nights at the Edion Arena beginning Saturday with a show at 4 am Eastern with an A Block show with the following card ...

For the A Block, it’s must-win for EVIL to stay alive and would also be eliminated if Okada defeated Sanada. If Okada wins, it would eliminate EVIL, Tanahashi, and KENTA with the latter two losing their tiebreakers even if they could tie Okada at the end. If Okada wins and Ibushi loses, Ibushi would be out.

The B Block show takes place late Saturday night/early Sunday morning at 2 am Eastern and will feature the following lineup ...

The block is led by Moxley with ten points and then there is a seven-way tie for second-place with that logjam of six points. The only ones eliminated from the B Block are Shingo Takagi and Taichi. If Moxley beats White, it would eliminate Tomohiro Ishii, Jeff Cobb, Jay White, and Tetsuya Naito. That seems an unlikely scenario as it would leave the block down to Moxley, Goto, and Yano.
Quote:
The WWE stock closed at $69.37 on Friday, so it appears the Q2 report led to a short-term bump for the stock that lasted one week and has almost returned to the same level it was before the quarterly report was released.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Being the biggest movie star in the world means that The Rock doesn't have as much time to appear in front of a WWE camera. But that doesn't mean The Rock isn't pining to return. Appearing on "Live with Kelly and Ryan," The Rock discussed his love for pro wrestling and how he still misses being in front of a live audience.

"I miss wrestling. I love wrestling. I quietly retired from wrestling because I was lucky enough to have a wonderful career and accomplish what I wanted to accomplish. But there's nothing like a live crowd, live audience, live microphone."

The Rock then discussed his debut match in WWF, which took place at Survivor Series 1997 inside Madison Square Garden. The Rock -- then going by Rocky Maivia -- teamed with Jake Roberts, Marc Mero, & The Stalker to defeat Crush, Goldust, Jerry Lawler & Hunter Hearst Helmsley.

"I had my very first match ever in the WWE in Madison Square Garden. It was a big pay-per-view and, it's funny because I credit my journey in pro wrestling to getting me to where I am today — especially that particular night," said The Rock. "Generally, your first match, you have it in a small town, small crowd, non-televised. This is Madison Square Garden, sold out, one of the biggest pay-per-views of the year, Survivor Series. I was in one of the main events. No one knew who I was. There is the saying, 'If you can make it New York, you can make it anywhere' because it's the toughest crowd and they really test you, especially in the world of wrestling. At the 15-minute mark of my match, 22,000 people are chanting 'Rocky, Rocky, Rocky.' It just set me on a path in my career that I'll never forget."
Quote:
Gangrel is working at the WWE Performance Center this week. As previously reported, Chris Sabin is also working as a guest coach.
Quote:
The Wrestling Observer reports that Paul Heyman made the decision to have wrestling during commercial breaks.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote