View Single Post
Old 08-29-2022, 01:08 PM   #12
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
This post is sponsored by the business of misery

Yeah, I first got a hands-on taste in a demo set-up at the mall. It was probably a Sears as I can't think of any other department stores that would've been carrying games. It was my first experience with the Saturn period as no one I knew other than my friend owned one.

I can't imagine what it was like for a Sega loyalist back in that time period. Sega was asking you to buy their CD attachment along with the 32X coming out at a time when they were loudly trumpeting the arrival and glory of the Saturn. Don't get me wrong, the Saturn looked pretty boss and Nintendo was being a cruel mistress dangling that Nintendo 64 around for what seemed like forever. Plus the Virtual Boy proved Nintendo wasn't infallible. But there was no way I was getting my parents to cough up enough to buy all of what Sega was selling. The Saturn tried but there was a lot working against it despite stuff like Daytona USA, Panzer Dragoon, and this week's game.
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote