View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 11:46 PM   #68
Kenny Powers

Kenny Powers is a chill bro (7,500+)Kenny Powers is a chill bro (7,500+)Kenny Powers is a chill bro (7,500+)Kenny Powers is a chill bro (7,500+)Kenny Powers is a chill bro (7,500+)
In today's WWE, I think it's easier for me to identify as to who doesn't make me change the channel. I don't watch WWE much, but I like these guys a lot.

1) Bray Wyatt "The Fiend"
2) Randy Orton
3) Retribution
4) Roman Reigns

All of these guys stand out in some way and connect with the audience. Furthermore, most of these guys are good in the ring and actually know how to 'sell' and 'tell a story' in the ring...an art form that has almost been completely lost by the new generation by the way, which makes me wonder as to what they're teaching down there at the Performance Center. The actual calibre of Westling is quite high, but these guys are coming out of the Performance Centre without any clue on how to tell a story or sell moves. Everything is just a spot fest these days. May as well be ice-dancing or figure skating in there.

That's my challenge to the WWE, AEW, and any wrestling promotion these days:

1) Create characters and gimmicks that the fans can connect with. No more generic "first names" and "last names." Bring back gimmicks and characters. The Fiend, Undertaker, Mankind, Goldust, Edge, Big Bossman, etc., CHARACTERS that pull the audience in and/or cater to a certain demographic.

2) Tell a story in the ring. Bring back the art of selling. Stop using finishers as high spots FFS. Go listen to Bret Hart on interviews. He says the same thing.
Kenny Powers is offline   Reply With Quote