View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 01:01 PM   #996
parkmania
#BUCTOBER

parkmania puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)parkmania puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)parkmania puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)parkmania puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)parkmania puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)parkmania puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)parkmania puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)parkmania puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)parkmania puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Thomas Jane voices the title character in Jonah Hex, a DC Showcase Original Short included on the Blu-ray and 2-Disc Special Edition DVD of Batman: Under the Red Hood, due for release on July 27th (see “Batman: Under the Red Hood”). The voice cast also includes Linda Hamilton, Michelle Trachtenberg, Michael rooker, and Jason Marsden.

Jane actually wanted to play the title role in the live action feature. “I actually wanted to do the live action film,” Jane said in an interview provided by Warner Home Video. “When they were casting the movie, I had a guy come and do my makeup, we took some photos and sent them off to Akiva Goldman.” Josh Brolin got the part; maybe Jane dodged a bullet on that one.

Jane spoke well of the animated version. “The animators did a great job in capturing the ugliness of the character,” he said. “He's not a pretty boy. He looks like he's been butchered by a blind barber. He's mean as hell, and I can't imagine anybody wanting to make love to the dude. He must be awful lonely. And that just makes him meaner.”

Jane claims geek cred by noting his love for the comics medium. “The medium is so broad, much more so than film,” he said. “There's so much more room in comics for genres, styles, flavors, different auteurs. That's what makes comics a great and timeless medium -- a medium that will always be a compelling way to tell a story.”
parkmania is offline   Reply With Quote