View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 08:28 AM   #240
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I should watch the show in order, but I've seen The Young Bucks vs. EVIL & Sanada and the six-man tag with the dream team babyfaces.

On the six-man:

* Rey Mysterio is a fucking gem. He looked so amazing and crisp in this thing.

* Tanahashi is such a great babyface.

* Cody Rhodes is such a geeky mid-carder.

* Marty Scurll was technically very good, but I don't get why he kept acting like a bird. It's like he's trying to be 1998 WCW Chris Jericho, but with a lot less natural charisma. He also did that geeky talking in the match. "Just kidding!" What the fuck is that?

* Hangman Page was trying his little heart out. It is obvious that he hasn't pieced it together yet, but it was a huge spot for him, I guess, so good for him.

On the Tag Title match:

* I should appreciate The Young Bucks slowing down and trying to inject some psychology into their matches. And I do. But it's very basic stuff they haven't done much of and need to get a lot better at if they're going to be true greats like they pretend to be.

* Don Callis is a fucking awful announcer. He was pissing me off in this match.

* The crowd laughed at Nick Jackson not being able to pull off the springboard. They fucking laughed at him. It was at this moment that it dawned on me that drama in wrestling may not exist anymore. The main events might change my mind.

* It also dawned on me in this match that this was exactly the sort of thing you would see in WWE. I don't mean that as an insult or a compliment. But this was just your typical WWE tag team match. They did all the match blocking like it was intended to heighten interest, ala Gargano/Ciampa vs. The Revival, but because it was a WWE tag team match, no one really bought into it the same way. It wasn't so much working that audience as it was performing a routine in front of an audience with things intended to work, in theory.

* The match wasn't bad or anything, it was just that gentrified and pedestrian "here's a tag team match; this is how tag team matches are worked these days."
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote