View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 09:19 PM   #1482
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Going against stronger than usual competition from the cable news channels as well as game two of the World Series, AEW Dynamite averaged 753,000 viewers last night on TNT. That's down 8.9 percent from last week and is identical to the number Dynamite did two weeks ago.

NXT on the USA Network was down 1.1 percent in overall viewers. NXT averaged 644,000 viewers last night, almost the exact same number as each of the last two weeks.

The MLB World Series game averaged 8.9 million viewers on Fox with the first two hours going directly against both Dynamite and NXT.

In the 18-49 demo, Dynamite averaged a 0.30 rating. That's identical to last week and was 13th overall on cable in that category last night. NXT failed to make the top 50 chart in the demo for the third straight week, averaging a 0.16 rating. That's down 5.9 percent from last week. It was 56th overall on cable after finishing 51st the last two weeks.

The combined viewership of 1.397 million viewers was down 5.4 percent from last week and almost the same as the 1.392 million the shows did two weeks ago.

The strongest demo category for AEW was men 18-49, where Dynamite did a 0.39 rating. That was fourth overall on cable and the highest rating for any non-news programming.

Year-over-year, Dynamite was down 33.3 percent in the 18-49 demo and 21.8 percent in overall viewers. NXT was down 23.8 percent in 18-49 and 7.7 percent overall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
AEW’s drop in cable rankings was entirely based on the cable news programs that represent 11 of the 12 programs that topped AEW except for The Real Housewives of Orange County.

The 0.30 demo rating for AEW on back-to-back weeks in its lowest in the category since July.

NXT finished #56 for the evening with a 0.16 in the demo and 644,000 viewers on the USA Network. NXT fell 6 percent in the demo rating and dropped 1 percent from last week’s viewership ...

One would reasonably expect that cable news viewership will dominate the ratings over the next several weeks through the U.S. election and the fallout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Matt Hardy released the following promo about his AEW Full Gear PPV bout against Sammy Guevara, noting that their Elite Deletion match will take place at the Hardy Compound, which pretty much means a return to the Broken Matt Hardy cinematic style presentation
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKMa5xqkENc

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The hope is that Jimmy Uso will be cleared to return to the ring for January.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Charly Caruso was asked why her storyline with Angel Garza ended:

It also randomly stopped. https://t.co/ibcDmtTzJJ
— Charly Arnolt (@CharlyOnTV) October 21, 2020
Link: https://twitter.com/CharlyOnTV/statu...27653941276673

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Pat MaCafee tweeted out the following video, knocking online fans after his return to NXT TV last night:

Good morning beautiful people..last night I rattled the wrestling community quite a bit.

I’ve always said that I understand that there are people who hate me, the good news is..I hate them too

This message is strictly for the Internet Wrestling Communitypic.twitter.com/Gwhrzzibq4
— Pat McAfee (@PatMcAfeeShow) October 22, 2020
Link: https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/st...66906961072140

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
For those who asked about the MJF and Chris Jericho musical number, it was a version of Me and My Shadow by Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis Jr. AEW went out and secured a license to use the song, but as it turned out, there was instrumental version out there that was suitable for what AEW used. AEW's music guru Mike Rukus, set out to rerecord the music himself, playing all the instruments by ear and then received approval from both the original publisher of the song and the Frank Sinatra Estate. The actual shoot for the segment was shot over a few hours with a few versions shot, completed at 2 AM on Wednesday AM. One source believed the post-production editing and mixing ran about ten hours total and the final edited version was completed less than an hour before it actually aired ...

While everyone knows Jericho's musical background, MJF was heavily involved in musical theater and even had an accapella group in High School.

Alex Boniello, who won a Tony Award for producing the amazing Hadestown, went on Twitter to say he'd gladly hand his Tony over to Jericho and MJF:

This is good.

I hereby relinquish my Tony Award to @IAmJericho and @The_MJF. https://t.co/8dQWtsxVsf pic.twitter.com/bSDpuf3JaM
— Alex Boniello (@AlexBoniello) October 22, 2020
Link: https://twitter.com/AlexBoniello/sta...10399975882753

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
MLW taped their Restart over the weekend in Orlando, Florida and there is content being taped today and tomorrow in New Rochelle, NY being overseen by Court Bauer. We are told morale was high at the tapings with Jacob Fatu, Alexander Hammerstone and Low Ki all standing out as locker room leaders over the course of the tapings. The Restart material will begin to role out in November.

The promotion has been following up with talents to make sure everyone is healthy in order to insure proper contact tracing is done if necessary.

Davey Boy Smith Jr. and MLW, who had been at odds, are said to have made amends.

There will be some version of a Trios/Six Man Tag Team title being introduced as part of the promotion's restart ...

As previously noted, the Opera Cup will be part of the promotion's Restart ...

The promotion has a date this December at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia, but obviously, given the state of the world, all live dates are tenuous at best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Three former WWE stars were present at the recent MLW TV tapings.

According to Raj Giri of Wrestling Inc, Lio Rush, ACH, and Shawn Daivari worked the MLW TV tapings this past week. The promotion reportedly taped 16 episodes from Sunday through Tuesday at GILT Nightclub in Orlando, FL.

ACH previously wrestled in the MLW Opera Cup last year, but then stated he was quitting pro wrestling, which led to him and MLW parting ways. ACH has been active this year, wrestling for various Independent promotions including GCW.

Lio Rush has worked a handful of Independent dates following his WWE release in April, including a bout against ACH at Joey Janela's Spring Break 4.

Daivari worked as a producer for the MLW tapings, which is the same role he occupied in WWE prior to his furlough in April and eventual release.

Fightful Select posted an update on the MLW tapings on October 20, saying there was lot of positive feedback from wrestlers about the COVID protocols in place. Many wrestled their matches and went back to the hotels. MLW also had a CDC official present in order to help oversee that things went well.

MLW has not announced an official return date for its restart.
Quote:
Dark Side of the Ring executive producer Evan Husney appeared on Busted Open Radio to discuss the forthcoming season of the VICE series. Husney confirmed that one of the episodes will be about the 1995 WCW Collision in Korea show.

“It was the one episode we always wanted to do and it was one we looked at for last season. We are gonna be doing the story of the WCW event in North Korea, that was in 1995. Kinda one of the wilder wrestling shows that’s ever been put on, because it’s actually the largest attended wrestling event ever, in the world was in North Korea so we’re kinda telling that whole story of how that event came to be, how there was a lot of close calls with the guys over there who were pretty much in over their heads, not knowing that they’re in a dictatorship, but it’s gonna be a pretty interesting episode for sure.”
Should be interested to see if they got Scott Norton for the WCW Collision episode considering the ill will he has towards the show's producers over how the Road Warriors episode turned out and his involvement with it.

Quote:
Otis, Tucker and Mandy Rose all guest appeared on D-Von Dudley’s Table Talk podcast. Otis and Tucker shared that their split via the WWE Draft was something they found out about last minute. Tucker added that he was not made aware of the split until it happened on ‘Talking Smack’ on the WWE Network.

Otis: “Terrible, just terrible.”

Tucker: “Yeah, I mean, we found out at the last minute like most things happen here, you know? And that’s just part of being a WWE superstar and I actually found out live on Talking Smack, that I was gonna be moved to RAW so, yeah. It is what it is. Kind of good and bad, whatever but mostly disappointing because Heavy Machinery still feels that they have some things to achieve. We haven’t won the tag team championships together and we feel like we still have more to do as a team but, not everything is up to us and so, we’ll deal with what we gotta deal with.”
Quote:
According to Law360, a WWE investor filed a lawsuit on 10/21 in a Delaware Chancery Court and is seeking company records to examine potential wrongdoings by WWE officials.
Quote:
According to Spectrum Sports 360 reporter Jon Alba, NXT is covering the cost of COVID tests for those attending their events at the Capitol Wrestling Center. WWE designates a testing spot for the attendee to take the test and the tests happen the day before NXT at the CWC.
Quote:
Per PWInsider, Keith Lee is in New York City recording vocals for his new theme song.
Quote:
Big E was the latest guest to join Corey Graves on After The Bell. Big E reflected on the history of The New Day and recalled that initially, they wanted to be a group that recruited other people and two names who they considered for the group were Alicia Fox and Aron Stevens, formerly known as “Damien Sandow”.

“Thinking back to 2014, we always thought we would be a group that was always trying to add more members. It’s funny looking back but I remember thinking, ‘Oh, Alicia Fox was someone we wanted to add’ because at the time, she was doing the stuff with the tantrums. We had this idea of — this is when we were the more militant New Day, that idea was very quickly taken off TV. Just, ‘Nah, nah, nah! Let me get that off my TV screen and y’all sit in the back while we cook up something more,’ I guess family friendly. But that was kind of the idea. I remember — we never talked to them about it either but we thought her and [Damien] Sandow we thought would be a great addition. That was kind of the idea. A group that would recruit and I think that would’ve been a lot of fun. I wish we got that incarnation of The New Day. As grateful as I am that it went the way it did, I’m also kind of intrigued to see what it would’ve been like for us to have gone that militant route, to see what we could’ve done, because we shot so much stuff in pre-tapes, all the ideas that we put together. I thought we had something really special and I was excited about that. Obviously I think it worked out the best doing it the way we did, because I don’t think we would’ve been able to stay together for six years as this militant group. But those are just things where I think back and I know we had the ability to pull it off, where I think that would’ve been fun. We could’ve done something unique there too.”

Big E talked about his signature apron spear and revealed that it was Fit Finlay who came up with the idea for it.

“And even man, I’m just now remembering, Fit Finlay was the one who was like, ‘Hey, you do that running shoulder in the corner? Why don’t you try it with a guy on the apron to the floor?’ So Fit Finlay was the one who came up with the idea for the apron spear.”
Quote:
On the 10/29 episode of NXT UK, Ilja Dragunov is challenging WALTER for the NXT UK Championship. The Heritage Cup will continue with the remaining matchups being Noam Dar versus A-Kid and Dave Mastiff vs. Trent Seven. A segment was announced for next week where Flash Morgan Webster and Mark Andrews will confront Eddie Dennis. Joe Coffey is returning as well. Coffey was named in the #SpeakingOut movement and was suspended by WWE. Jordan Devlin who was also named in the #SpeakingOut movement is returning next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelByNature.com
Joey Ryan Files Seventh Lawsuit, Seeking Millions In Damages

Joseph Meehan, better known in wrestling circles as Joey Ryan, has filed another defamation lawsuit, seeking upwards of $15 Million.

On 10/20, Meehan filed a lawsuit at the California Central District Court against a man in Pennsylvania, citing several claims, including emotional distress, libel, false light, and intentional interference with prospective economic advance.

HeelByNature.com has obtained a copy of the complaint, which includes over two dozen statements made by the defendant against Meehan.

The 63-page lawsuit, which is similar to others he recently filed, outlines a number of statements this person made against Meehan on social media ...

The filing includes a total of 26 statements made by the Pennsylvania man. Meehan states this has caused him to be shamed, ridiculed, and hated. He also says the statements discouraged others from associating with him ...

In total, Meehan is seeking $200,000 in economic damages, $5,000,000 in non-economic damages, and $10,000,000 in punitive and exemplary damages.
Related: Report: WWE RAW Underground 'For Right Now Is Considered Done'

He is ordering the defendant cease publishing defamatory statements, retract any defamatory statements made int he past, as well as direct any websites to delete defamatory statements ...

In total, Meehan has filed seven lawsuits, including one against IMPACT Wrestling for breach of contract.

Like other lawsuits Meehan filed, he is demanding a jury trial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestlingheadlines.com
According to Fightful Select, New Japan Pro Wrestling and Ring of Honor’s working relationship is still somewhat existent following the departure of former NJPW President Harold Meij. The report notes that the two promotion’s have an open dialogue, and are “tentatively” planning to release some content together in the future.

This news comes after it appeared that NJPW and ROH’s alliance had ended, as the number of crossover events and star appearances had gone down. There are those on the ROH side who believe that NJPW will add to their relationship when available.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote