View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 07:16 PM   #1486
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411Mania
As we reported yesterday, the WWE has been hit with another outbreak of COVID-19 at the Performance Center, to the point that tonight’s NXT Halloween Havoc could be affected. According to new details from Fightful Select, the outbreak possibly happened at a training event this past Friday.

NXT regularly holds in-house live events to track how far along the NXT talent are. That kind of event was held on Friday and many of those in attendance were the ones asked to quarantine. Those who did not attend were “in the dark” about rumors of an outbreak and many were asked to come in to make noise for Halloween Havoc. It was noted that several training sessions have also been cancelled.

WWE does not test their talent daily but it is at least twice a week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
After news of positive COVID-19 tests at the WWE Performance Center on Friday came to light Tuesday night, there were questions as to whether fans who were scheduled to attend Wednesday's NXT taping would still be allowed to do so.

Dave Meltzer is reporting that WWE has confirmed with those fans that they can attend as previously planned if they passed their required COVID-19 test. It's unknown how many fans passed their tests, but there were initially scheduled to be 100 in attendance tonight. Fans were tested in Winter Park, Florida, Tuesday, part of the regular weekly procedure to attend.

There is still no additional news on the extent of the positive tests and how they will affect tonight's Halloween Havoc show. Performance Center attendees on Friday were asked to quarantine for two weeks due to contact tracing, regardless whether they tested positive or negative,

This marks the second straight month there haS been COVID-19 issues at the Performance Center.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Impact Wrestling has revealed a couple of additional details regarding their revival of the Knockouts Tag Team titles.

It was revealed last night that the tournament to crown new Knockouts Tag Team Champions will kick off on Impact in three weeks (Tuesday, November 17). It will be an eight-team tournament, though the teams for it have yet to be revealed ...

The announcement that the Knockouts Tag Team titles are returning was made at Bound for Glory this past Saturday. The tournament will play out on Impact, with the finals then being held at January's Hard to Kill pay-per-view. Hard to Kill is taking place on Saturday, January 16.

The Knockouts Tag Team titles were first introduced in 2009 before being deactivated in 2013.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Major League Wrestling's Court Bauer announced to Forbes that the promotion has inked a new deal with its existing cable broadcast outlet BeIN Sport

"We are excited to continue to be a cornerstone of beIN Sports’ portfolio of world-class sports content. beIN’s dual language reach will help further entrench MLW as a thriving sports league," Bauer told Forbes.

Bauer stated additional announcements are coming. MLW Fusion will continue to air on Saturday evenings. The promotions reboot after pausing production due to the COVID-19 pandemic will begin airing next month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
All Elite Wrestling applied to trademark 'AEW Games' for

-G & S: Video game discs; Downloadable game software; Downloadable video game programs; Downloadable computer game software; Downloadable electronic game software; Downloadable interactive game software; Downloadable video game software; Recorded video game programs; Recorded video game software

-G & S: Providing a website featuring entertainment information in the field(s) of gaming and wrestling; Entertainment services, namely, providing online video -games; Entertainment services, namely, providing temporary use of non-downloadable video games; Production of video and computer game software; Providing a website featuring non-downloadable game software; Providing online non-downloadable game software; Provision of information relating to electronic computer games provided via the Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
All Elite Wrestling today announced the release of their PPV events on DVD for the first time:

Now available AEW PPV on DVD! Buy 3 get an automatic 10% off! Get yours today! pic.twitter.com/gzHjvvUfaS
— ShopAEW.com (@ShopAEW) October 28, 2020

Available are:

-AEW Double or Nothing 2019

-AEW All Out 2019

-AEW Full Gear 2019

-AEW Revolution 2020

-AEW Double or Nothing 2020

All of the DVDs can be purchased at www.ShopAEW.com.
Link: https://twitter.com/ShopAEW/status/1321499304901681153

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Shotzi Blackheart stated on today's episode of "The Bump" that she will be having four costume changes and some new adornments for her tank for tonight's NXT Halloween Havoc. Blackheart stated some of her outfits are inspired by Elvira: Mistress of the Dark. The NXT superstar said that being a horror host has always been a dream. It was also announced that Elias and former Tough Enough winner Maven will be on next Wednesday's episode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated caught up with Shotzi Blackheart for his ‘This Week in Wrestling’ column. Shotzi detailed what she wants people to think when they see she is announced for a match:

“That’s exactly how I want people watching at home to feel. I want them asking, ‘Is Shotzi Blackheart going to die tonight?’”
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE.com is now listing Tucker as a RAW Superstar. But, they are still listing Mustafa Ali as a Smackdown Superstar Also, they have Mickie James in the Smackdown Superstar section, but her profile has the RAW logo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
World Wrestling Entertainment will report their third quarter earnings for 2020 tomorrow, Thursday 10/29.

The company will hold a conference call with Vince McMahon and WWE's Chief Financial Officer, Kristina Salen tomorrow at 5 PM EST to discuss the quarter and take questions.
Quote:
Pro Wrestling Junkies hosted a virtual meet-and-greet with Alex Reynolds. Last week, Reynolds provided an update on how he was doing after he was knocked unconscious on AEW Dynamite in a four-way tag match. During the virtual meet-and-greet, Reynolds was asked if the fans’ safety concerns about AEW’s protocols are valid and here’s what he had to say:

“No, I think our team does a fantastic job. I think they took care of me, right away when we all realized I was hurt. They got me out of there nice and safe, so it’s a contact sport, you know? Injuries are gonna happen and I think they’ve shown that they can handle those situations so yeah, I don’t think those safety concerns are validated, as somebody who’s kinda just lived through it. I’ve put my trust fully in our staff.”

Reynolds later added that when he heads back to Jacksonville for another Dynamite taping, he’ll meet with their doctor and the doctor does believe Reynolds will be cleared to return.

“Yeah, so we have this week off so I’m just kind of resting up and then [when] we go back down, I have to go talk with [the] doctor and see, but he thinks I should be good to go. Yeah, it was definitely a scary moment but I feel pretty good and looking forward to being back in action.”
Quote:
Ariane Andrew and Matt Dillion welcomed AEW Chief Brand Officer Brandi Rhodes onto their ‘Sippin The Tea TV’ show. Brandi was asked about the idea of Women’s Tag Team Titles in AEW following the ‘Deadly Draw’ tournament several months ago and here’s what she had to say about the idea:

“Well, that’s quite a question so, I think the tournament was a step in the right direction, because across the board, there was this, I guess, thought that we didn’t have enough women to do tag team wrestling in AEW and a lot people got really down-hearted when we had some injuries and things like that, so I think that this just showed everyone that we have the women available, we’ve got great women, great characters, great in-ring competitors and we can hold people’s attention and put something really good together. So, my hope is that we continue to grow and go in that direction, but can’t promise anything, because you know, it’s week-to-week these days.”
AEW needs to seriously rehaul their booking mentality with their Women's division and title first before entertaining any idea of adding more belts for that division.

Quote:
Hollywood Life has an extensive feature published on their site about All Elite Wrestling and it includes an interview with Matt and Nick Jackson. Nick reflected on what the ‘Blood & Guts’ match could have done for AEW programming and viewership-wise. He added that they’re saving that match for fans and have the structure ready to go when it’s time.

“Man, it is tough to say because a lot of that we have planned for the future is what we are currently doing,” says Nick. “Somethings did change. Obviously, the Blood And Guts steel cage match never happened. And we spent a lot of money building that structure. [laughs] But the good thing about it is that at least we now have it. So, we can pull the trigger on that at any time. I feel like we are saving that for fans. I think that is the biggest reason we haven’t done it. That is the biggest thing that changed, not having that match. Because if you look at it, the buildup to it was so strong, our ratings were going up, and it was looking we were going to [have] above a million [viewers] for that show. We probably would have, but we can’t control what is going on around the world. I think that was probably the biggest change, not doing that cage match" ...

On the merchandise front, Matt Jackson shared that he has spoken to Dana Massie, his wife, about the idea of AEW ice bream bars.

“I told her that I would love to have some type of AEW ice cream bar. I remember fondly in the summer when the ice cream man would come, and I would get the Good Humor Hulk Hogan ice cream bar. I don’t know how much of a possibility it would be, but I put the idea out there, at least.”
If AEW ice cream bars becomes a reality, it better be like those old WWF ones and not the current cookie style ones from WWE that are lame.

Quote:
The Paramount Animations and WWE Studios film ‘Rumble’ has been pushed back to May 14, 2021 for its release date, per Deadline. The film was previously scheduled for a January 2021 release. The likes of Becky Lynch, Roman Reigns and Stephen A. Smith did voiceover work for the film.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Fans of 'Macho Man' Randy Savage can add to their collection with the new limited edition collector's boxes.
Wrestling World Reacts To Tracy Smothers' Death
Related Article Wrestling World Reacts To Tracy Smothers' Death

WWE is selling the collector's box, which includes a t-shirt, vinyl figure, replica crown, and more at WWE Shop for $49.99. The boxes are limited to 750.

Quote:
Get ready to experience your cup of coffee in the big time with the Limited Edition Macho Man Randy Savage Collector’s Box. Exclusively available at WWELegendsShop.com, this box has been specially designed to celebrate the legacy of this incomparable Legend and make you say “Oooh yeah!” It is filled to the brim with Macho Man gear that you can’t find anywhere else. Dig it!

Each box contains:

* Macho Man T-Shirt - The most Savage tee ever.
* 11x14 Art Print Poster - An illustration by noted artist Doug Hills captures the pageantry that was every Macho Man entrance
* Vinyl Figure - The cream of the crop rises to the top with this mini figure
* Macho Man Face Mask - Say “Oooh yeah!” wherever you go
* Macho Man Legacy Title Center Plate - Scale reproduction of the center plate from the all-new Limited Edition Macho Man Legacy Title that can be displayed on your desk or bookshelf
* Enamel Pin - Exclusive collector’s pin only available in this box
* Replica Crown - Your coronation as Macho King awaits
Quote:
Fans who wanted Big E to finally get the big singles push can partially thank Daniel Bryan.

With Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods sidelined earlier this year, Big E ventured on his own on SmackDown. The singles run led to a feud with Sheamus that culminated in a well-received Falls Count Anywhere match. New Day was split in the 2020 WWE Draft with Kingston and Woods going to Raw while Big E remained on SmackDown.

Speaking to The Gorilla Position, Big E discussed the creative process on SmackDown and how Daniel Bryan went to bat for him.

"With the Sheamus program, we talked about ideas like new music and new presentation for me and we talked about 'when is the right time to play it?' and we never got around to it because I hadn't been in the arena for a few months because a lot of our stuff happened backstage until we had the match. With SmackDown, we don't have as many segments to fill. We're afforded the luxury of being able to do a little more creative stuff. I'm not entirely sure the differences between the Raw and SmackDown creative team, but the nice part is I feel like I have a voice with the SmackDown creative team. We're able to go back and forth with ideas and they're actually listening. Also, I have to give credit to Daniel Bryan. The idea for the solo run was from him. He's the reason. Not just, 'Hey, Big E...' he's actually part of the process and he's the one who said, 'This is what we should do with Big E.' It feels like an environment where I do have a voice and I get to do what I want by any means," he said.

It was reported by the Wrestling Observer earlier this year that Bryan and Edge had significant creative influence and were part of the writing teams for their respective brands.
Quote:
Lio Rush is coming to UWN Primetime Live.

The promotion announced that Lio will be making his debut for the company on the November 3 episode of Primetime Live. No opponent was given.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 411Mania
Kylie Rae’s missing out on Bound For Glory was a big headline over this past weekend, and a new report on her status in the company is online. As as has been reported, Rae did not appear at the Bound For Glory taping and Impact promoted her right up until the match, when Su Yung took her place and beat Deonna Purrazzo for the Knockouts Championship.

According to the latest from Fightful Select, there’s no negative on Rae from Impact’s side and the promotion hopes she can return in the future. They kept a lot of storyline open-ended in the tapings that took place this week in case she can make the November 17th through the 20th tapings, but are not pressuring her to do so. As of Tuesday morning, none of the roster that had spoken with Fightful had heard from her.

Rae reportedly did not give an explanation for her absence and just “disappeared.” When contacted after the show, she was said to be “physically fine.”

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote