View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 12:08 AM   #2252
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
So now Mox has formally responded to KENTA, the question is where and when their match will finally happen. Japan's under new travel restrictions and beyond that, it's a two and a half week process just to get there and back between travel and mandatory quarantine. I don't see him doing that with a pregnant wife at home, and we're still a long way away from being out of this pandemic.

Given he was in the LA Dojo I'm assuming they'll eventually have their match there, KENTA lives in the US so he'd presumably be coming home eventually anyway, and if he's still got Japanese residency he might be able to head back quickly unlike the true foreign talent. I'd guess they could tape the match and air it during the ring cleaning intermission at a show.

As far as I know, AEW have to clear all of Mox's bookings in the US but given there would be no fans and it's not running up against AEW programming or anything, I'd hope they're OK with it especially if they want to work together eventually. At the same time, even if they do want to work together I'm not sure they'd want to draw too much attention to one of their biggest stars dropping another promotion's tertiary championship.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote