View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 03:15 PM   #1111
Jeritron
Get a poke on

Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
X-Men being in Upstate New York doesn't count towards that. You're still right, but I'm just throwing that out there.

Mainly characters like Spidey and Daredevil stay located in the Big Apple. I feel like Marvel has a decent amount of heroes headquarted out in LA or on the west coast too.
They seem to change things up over time though, so yea basically everyones been in NY.
I think that's mainly because Stan Lee and his collaborators were all New York kids, and that was what they knew.

A lot of Marvel heroes are also very global, and spend most of their time all over the country/world and not hanging around the area they're based out of. The Avengers, Hulk, X-Men, Fantastic Four don't really have a city.

You obviously know all this. I guess the point I'm trying to make is I don't think the Marvel universe really revolves around NY primarily, even if it sees a lot of action or is a lot of heroes "home." Mostly the heroes who work alone seem to be of NY, but just looking at the Marvel universe that's really not the core of the character list.
Jeritron is offline   Reply With Quote