View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 02:14 PM   #1609
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Contemplated making a thread about this, but I didn't want to be the only poster. What can I say, I'm a sucker for hopeless underdgs.

So... just set up my OUYA.

Seems a bit interesting so far, except a couple larger titles like Sonic 4 and Final Fantasy III. Obviously, most of the titles are indy fare. Tried Sonic 4:ep 1 to demo to check the responsiveness of the controller, since I'm already familliar with the game. Feels pretty good and responsive for something that feels almost like an offbrand 360 controller in your hands. Haven't really tested the touchpad outside of the GUI of the system. Not bad, but not great... almost like a cheap surplus laptop from 5 years ago. Haven't tried a game needing it yet, though.

Has potential for the $100 spent. I know the upcoming Gamestick is $20 cheaper, but it isn't quite as open (purportedly no room for emu or rooting of any kind, no expansion of memory, wifi only). Hoping it doesn't get completely drowned out in the waves of the "big 3" and go the way of Neo Geo Pocket Color. Need more hands on time with it than the 30 min I've spent playing around with it now.

Anyone else get one/try one/care?
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote