View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 05:18 AM   #132
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I've actually seen the AJ/Shin match, but thanks for sharing. I might go back and watch it because I remember really enjoying it.

I'm sure the original was faster. AJ and Shin were two years younger, two years fresher and were in what I imagine is a smaller ring with cables and a production style that doesn't mind getting close as opposed to making it look like they are fighting in a huge open space. Even if WrestleMania wasn't faster, I'm sure the emotionless, inorganic, forced commentary that either misses or manufactures emotional cues would have made it felt slower. Seriously, I wonder how much that effected thing?

I dunno, I just loved so much about the Mania match. I loved Nakamura wearing similar colors to AJ Styles, as this symbolic form of respect. I loved Nakamura planting the seeds of desperation throughout. Besides a better crowd, I can't really think of anything that would have enhanced the match for me. Honestly. Not in their first go-around of many, anyway. I think their second match will be more "intense."

I dunno -- I think fans need to be re-educated and reminded that not everything needs to be 100 all the time. I can understand people were probably expecting it for WrestleMania, so maybe it wasn't actually the best place to run the first match between the two. Whatever. I'm as cynical as they come and I fucking loved it. Seriously, I cannot remember a WWE Title match at Mania that I thought was bell-to-bell better. Maybe Angle vs. Brock, but it's been ages since I've seen that. I might be cutting Angle and Eddie short too. I remember being slightly disappointed by that, but I remember the finish with the boot well.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Brock vs. Reigns was still coming. No matter what you think of it, the philosophy was probably there to not go 100 before that so that Reigns kicking out of F5s would get over. That obviously didn't work, but I'm not sure how much "freedom" AJ and Nakamura had here, in the sense that maybe eighteen Kinshasas or whatever wasn't on the table.

That being said, I honestly really liked it. I really enjoyed the performances in the mixed tag, but this was a much better match -- in my opinion.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote