View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 12:49 PM   #33
Cool King
King K Cool

Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Anyway, I think once again SmackDown got a bit shafted when it came to The Draft Superstar Shake-up.

Raw

• I think Mahal being on Raw is going to be good and it'll help freshen him up as he was at the beginning of getting a bit stale on SmackDown. Winning The US Title looked to be the start of something interesting but obviously that's out the window now that he lost it to Jeff Hardy.

Hopefully he'll chase The Intercontinental Championship.

• I really don't care about The Riott Squad, so cool. I guess.

I really can't see them amounting to much as a team but if they are going to remain as a team, then I'll have to get ready for countless Riott Squad VS "Three Random Faces" matches.

• We all knew Owens & Zayn were going to Raw.

• We all also saw The Miz heading to SmackDown.

• I was actually pretty happy to see Breezango on Raw. I quite enjoy them and hopefully they can become Raw's top face team this year, but looking at the teams on Raw, I don't think that'll be hard.

• I was surprised to see Natalya going to Raw for reasons I've just mentioned.

I get the feeling however that after what looks like an angle with Rousey finishes, Natalya will go back into somewhat obscurity in the Women's Division, just like she did on SmackDown.

• All I can say about Ziggler being on Raw is that if he doesn't amount to anything on Raw, then he HAS to go. There would be absolutely no point of him sticking around and this has got to be the final of all final chances to revive his career in WWE.

If this had happened a few years ago and he was drafted to Raw, I would have been excited and surprised to see him. Now, nothing. When he appeared on Raw, I just didn't give a fuck.

I feel however that he could possibly chase the Tag Team Titles, but we'll see.

• Now, this is a move I really didn't expect to see and caught me by complete surprise. Drew McIntyre.

The pairing of McIntyre and Ziggler is an interesting one but I can't really see it lasting all that long. If they're still a pair after SummerSlam, I'll be surprised.

I don't know what it is though, but I don't really find myself caring about McIntyre either. I was never really his biggest fan to begin with during his first run but I did like him and that show was SmackDown.

Now, something's changed and I'm more "meh" towards McIntyre now.

• I don't know about Bobby Roode being on Raw. I always felt SmackDown was a prefect fit for Roode. He's one of those guys that when you think of him, you think of a show along with him.

• Away from TV and Zack Ryder, Mojo Rawley, Mike Kanellis, The Ascension and Chad Gable were all announced as going to Raw.

All cool, I guess. I just hope they get used and not just as jobbers, even though I think that'll definitely happen with Ryder and The Ascension but I really want to be proved wrong with that.

Rawley is an interesting one as he's done sweet fuck all since turning heel. I just hope we don't get The Hype Bros. back.

Now Mike Kanellis and Chad Gable are also interesting, but the good kind of interesting. The type of interesting that makes me happy, as them being on Raw looks promising.

I really hope Kanellis drops his entire gimmick as it was just awful. It gives me hope that it very well could happen as Maria is still on SmackDown.

As for Gable, I've wanted Gable on Raw as a singles competitor for a long time now. I think his move to Raw was done now as the Jason Jordan joke fell flat and completely ruined the man and it's now over.

I just hope we don't get American Alpha back once Jordan recovers. If we do, It would be cool if it was for one night and then after the match, either Gable or Jordan turns on the other.

That would be good, and the more I think about it, the more I think that it will happen.

SmackDown

• I can't say I was surprised that Jeff is now on SmackDown. The whole "winning a SmackDown championship on Raw and then moving to SmackDown the next day" has been done before.

I'm just glad he's on SmackDown and can't be tainted by the God-awful Matt Hardy shit.

• Absolution going to SmackDown seems absolutely pointless. We had their SmackDown counterparts head over to Raw only for them to go to SmackDown?

Why not stay on Raw, find a third woman and have an feud with The Riott Squad? It would be much better than those countless Riott Squad VS "Three Random Faces" matches I mentioned before.

With Paige (sadly) the GM of SmackDown, I can only assume that was why Absolution and The Riott Squad were swapped.

• I really wasn't expecting Samoa Joe at all.

I'm now waiting for Styles/Joe and countless TNA chants.

• I'm not familiar with Sanity, so to me, this is interesting.

I did notice that they didn't have Nikki Cross with them for some reason. I can only assume that much like Cass, Enzo and Carmella, Triple H has seperate plans for her, most likely next year.

• Speaking of Cass, I wasn't expecting to see him. Still a heel but I don't think being on SmackDown will do much for him.

Even though I do like him a tiny bit, I just can't help but think that he's the new Baron Corbin on SmackDown.

• Much like Owens/Zayn and The Miz, we all knew Asuka was moving.

• I can only hope Gallows & Anderson will be a success on SmackDown. There's some decent teams on SmackDown so it gives me hope that they will be.

• Cesaro & Sheamus being on SmackDown is pretty stupid as that pretty much makes it a certainty that Matt Hardy & Bray Wyatt will win the titles at The Greatest Royal Rumble.

Which is worrying.

However, this could mean that much to STD's jizz-fueled enjoyment, that The Revival will be awarded Cesaro & Sheamus' place next week on Raw.

If they are, I can see them winning the titles.

• Shock of the night here: R-Truth is on SmackDown!

This Superstar Shake-up is just out of control!

• Even though I'm not familiar with the NXT guys when they make the jump to the main roster, I can't help but think that Andrade Almas & Zelina Vaga's announcement was really poor.

Finding out via a terrible mobile phone promo is just not the way to go.

Whoever thought up the idea to record promos via phones and then edit them on Window's Movie Maker should be skinned and burned alive*.

They're just awful.

God-awful.

*Not really. A slap in the face would do.

• Overall, Raw got the better names and more people, which isn't a surprise.

After this, I feel that Raw's Tag Team Division is worse off than it already was and to a lesser extent, the Women's Division too.

SmackDown's Tag Team Division has gotten better and it was already the better division to begin with.
Cool King is offline   Reply With Quote