View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 10:03 PM   #1008
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
According to PW Insider's Mike Johnson, Luchasaurus has an injured hamstring and is out of Wednesday's tag team championship tournament match on AEW Dynamite.

Filling in to team with Jungle Boy is fellow Jurassic Express member Marko Stunt. The duo will face the Lucha Bros (Pentagon Jr and Fenix) in a first round bout.
Quote:
Maria Manic, who was most recently a part of Ring of Honor, is at the WWE Performance Center this week for a tryout.

Fightful was the first to report the news. According to a report from PWInsider, she signed a six-month contract with ROH earlier this year that had recently expired. As recently as two weeks ago, there had been pitches for her to become involved in a storyline that would eventually lead to an intergender bout.
Quote:
On the day after it was confirmed that he's no longer with WWE, Eric Bischoff was announced for the next Starrcast convention.

Bischoff will be appearing at Starrcast IV, which is being held in Baltimore, Maryland from November 7-10. Bischoff previously appeared at Starrcasts I and II.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
With Major League Baseball postponing games due to the inclement weather in the Northeast tonight, the natural question from wrestling fans is whether Friday Night Smackdown's third episode on FOX would be preempted or moved.

The answer to that is no. MLB coverage will take place this Friday on FOX Sports 1, so Smackdown will air as scheduled this Friday on FOX itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
The November 4th edition of RAW is emanating from Long Island at the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum and the arena is advertising Seth Rollins versus “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt for the Universal Title in a Steel Cage match.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE Network News is reporting the October 2019 Classic Content Drop will be more Midsouth television. Those episodes will make it to the service this Monday 10/21.
Quote:
Dave Meltzer stated on the latest edition of Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE wanted to purchase Pro Wrestling NOAH but the deal fell through. Meltzer added that WWE has talked to several companies in Japan and has attempted to purchase those companies as well.
Quote:
ScreenGeek chatted with Jon Moxley recently and asked Moxley if he has ever thought about how different his career would be had he left WWE in 2015 which was the last time he signed a contract with the sports-entertainment company.

“That’s an interesting question. I’ve often thought, and wondered, what would have happened if I left in September of 2015, which was when I signed my last contract with WWE. But, at that point, I was still kinda like, still trying to do things their way and I just kinda like… It never occurred to me to leave really back then. It felt like I wasn’t, like I hadn’t completely… I never really bought into their bullsh*t kind of thing, but I was trying to be optimistic. Like, be grateful for the opportunity and try to make the most of it and, you know, save money and so forth. But, I often wonder what would have happened if I had the foresight to just leave back then. I don’t know,” he said. “It could have been worse, it could have been better, but, ultimately, everything’s supposed to work out how it’s supposed to be. The timing of, like, leaving at just the moment that AEW came into existence and just merging at the same time, that feels like a historical thing that I’m very grateful that it happened. Hopefully, it’s historical. We look back in five years and maybe it didn’t matter at all. But, you know, we’ll find out.”
Quote:
NJPW1972.com published an open letter from Shota Umino who is set to embark on excursion soon. Here’s a portion of the letter in-which Shota talks about working with Jon Moxley:

“I want to start again. Put myself in a new environment, in new circumstances. Nobody to help me, nobody to show me what to do. Square one, from scratch. That’s why I never once thought to follow Jon Moxley. I want to do this by and for myself, to study and search for that ‘something’. When I was with Moxley during the G1, he didn’t give me any advice. If I asked for some he would just give some vague praise. ‘Good job, like that’. If I asked him for anything more concrete, he’d tell me to be more confident. What makes him who he is isn’t moves, style, technique. It isn’t ‘heart’. It’s… ‘something’. That something is a stance toward professional wrestling. Teaming with Moxley, I don’t know if I can say I learned any new moves, or that I showed any more heart than normal. What I learned was something important about attitude and stance toward a match. I did nothing but grow underneath him.”
Quote:
WrestleZone’s Bill Pritchard chatted with AEW co-Executive Vice President Cody Rhodes ahead of AEW’s show in Philadelphia. Cody revealed that on the Friday before Full Gear, AEW will release their top five W/L records for singles competitors and tag teams.

“So not to scoop it, but I don’t think anyone will mind this bit of news: On Friday before Full Gear, the Friday before Full Gear, I think we’re going to put out our first ever top fives, and the top five should become a weekly thing, and this isn’t just broadcast, this is also social,” Rhodes revealed. “Just like with college football and the AP poll. You get your top 20, and sometimes a guy who’s 5-0 is not ranked in the top three because of the quality of the wins, the softness of the schedule and it’s fun because in college football, people argue, especially when we get near the playoffs, should they, should they not. PAC right now, has these great wins over Hangman Page and Kenny Omega. He’s essentially Ohio State for us at this point. There’s got to be a title shot in his future, and there is if he keeps winning and keeps going. But I believe before Full Gear, we’ll have our top five for women, for tags and for singles and now that we have more and more — every week this helps us so much from data. I’ve expanded… to be fair, Kevin Sullivan’s expanded the lower thirds on talents so you can see their records. We want their records to be more present because Jim Ross is talking about them, Tony Schiavone is talking about them but once we get a few more wins, a few more losses, a few more draws, whatever they may be, it really helps create that tapestry for us, which is something we promised and it wasn’t just a campaign promise. Sports-centric, the guys winning the matches are the guys in the title matches.”
Quote:
talkSPORT interviewed Matchroom Sport founder and chairman Barry Hearn and asked him about Tyson Fury’s current run in WWE. Hearn stated that what Fury is doing is “a bit cringey” but Tyson needs the profile. Hearn added that on the publicity front, Fury needs people to buy the pay-per-views that he’s on.

“Tyson Fury has a big problem in terms of – not enough people know him in America. He’s looking for the big payday obviously against Deontay Wilder. He needs a higher profile to make that attractive and he’s doing what he does best. It is a bit of a circus, of course it is, it’s a rehearsed nonsense, but this is the world we’re in. Today’s world commercially, I hate to say this because I love sports, it’s probably more important to be famous than good,” Hearn expressed. “That’s the social media world we’re living in. What Tyson Fury’s doing in a funny old way is making himself famous. It is a big cringey I know, but bless him, he needs the profile. He’s not the most exciting boxer but he’s very, very good. In other words, he’s not attractive in his style, but he’s difficult to beat. That’s ticking the box on the boxing front. On the publicity front, he needs people to buy pay-per-views, he needs people to recognize him in the street. If you dress up like he’s dressing up or go on WWE or whatever and slap a few people around, it’s hilarious to start with, then it’s a bit cringey. But in the American market more people probably know him from that than any of the fights he’s had so far in America.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWE Network News
As we exclusively revealed yesterday, more Mid-South Wrestling is coming to the WWE Network this Monday. Normally, WWE waits for the bulk content to land before spotlighting it with Hidden Gems. On this occasion, however, it appears that our treasure-hunting archivists were too excited to wait. With that in mind, we have a full card from New Orleans. If that isn’t enough, WWE has sprinkled in some Houston and Central States action. Let’s take a look:

Dated 04/02/1977, we have a little over 6 minutes of highlights of an NWA World Heavyweight Championship bout between Dick Murdoch vs Champion Harley Race. WWE’s description refers to this as footage from Mid-South’s predecessor, NWA Tri-State ...

Next up, we make our way to Houston as Kerry von Erich battles Gino Hernandez for the Texas Heavyweight Championship. While Houston Wrestling was a separate entity, Cowboy Bill Watts and Mid-South had such a close working relationship with Paul Boesch that Watts received a copy of any shows featuring Mid-South talent. Thus this was part of WWE’s purchase of the library and WWE often lumps both together.
More details: https://www.wwenetworknews.com/2019/...-orleans-card/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Wrestling Sheet
WarnerMedia has confirmed an official All Elite Wrestling podcast hosted by Brandi Rhodes is currently in the works.

The media company made a slew of podcast related announcements today at an upfront for advertisers and one of the things mentioned was an official AEW podcast.

According to WarnerMedia, who we reached out to for more information, the podcast is currently in development with the wrestling promotion’s Chief Brand Officer as host and targeted to launch by the end of the year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer Radio via r/SquaredCircle
Dave: "We knew this was going to happen the day it started". They hired him to be a scapegoat. He wasn't involved in creative, they just needed someone to take the fall when Fox became unhappy.

Vince was writing the scripts and running Smackdown as usual, nothing changed

Hasn't heard of Bischoff having ever had any creative input or influences on the show

Bischoff obviously didn't, but Dave says that even Heyman didn't have anything to do with how the draft was booked or presented on TV (even if he did get some input as to who he wanted to end up on Raw).

Nobody they bring in will be in control. They're just scapegoats for Vince's fuckups. The ones that do get a bit of input are basically just there to give advice to Vince, not actually run the show or have control.

Bischoff is completely gone, knew it was temporary going in. Dave thinks Bischoff probably thought it was going to be a bit longer, but knew it was only a temporary stage in his life.

Prichard was the one who brought Bischoff in. Dave & Garrett speculate it was a bit strange, and that he probably did it because he likely was offered it first, but didn't want to be the fall guy.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote