View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 10:28 PM   #1009
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Despite the lack of baseball competition due to a rainout of the Yankees/Astros ALCS game that was scheduled to air opposite both shows, AEW and NXT each saw their audiences fall for the second straight week.

AEW Dynamite averaged 1,014,000 viewers last night, nearly identical to last Wednesday's 1,018,000 average on TNT, but it was down four percent in the 18-49 demo with a 0.44 rating. Dynamite was also simulcast on truTV last week, drawing 122,000 viewers on that channel.

NXT averaged 712,000 viewers last night, which was down 10 percent from the previous week. The rating in the 18-49 demo was a 0.20, down nine percent from last Wednesday.

With no major sports competition, AEW was up to fifth place for the night on cable in 18-49. In their strongest demo, males 18-49, AEW finished second on cable with a 0.65 rating, trailing only a preseason NBA game.

NXT came in at 30th for the night in 18-49 and trailed AEW in every demo once again except for people over 50, where they had a 0.35 rating to a 0.33 for AEW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
On this week's edition of NXT UK, it was officially announced that Spain's A-Kid has signed with World Wrestling Entertainment:

.@AKidWrestler is coming... #NXTUK pic.twitter.com/R6VRv0Xsai
— NXT UK (@NXTUK) October 17, 2019

Although only 22 years old, A-Kid has been wrestling since 2012 and received several WWE tryouts earlier this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The Camden New Journal in England published an article today noting that an investigation into the passing of lucha libre legend Silver King, real name, César Cuauhtémoc González Barrón, 51 years old this past May while performing for a promotion named Lucha Libre World at the Roundhouse Theatre in Camden in North London blamed "multiple faillures" in the minutes after Barron suffered a heart attack in the ring.

The St. Pancras Coroner's Court's Senior Coroner Mary Hassell stated that an ambulance not being called for five minutes after Barrón suffered cardiac arrest as well as "ineffective" CPR being performed on him before EMTs arrived meant the lucha star "lost the opportunity to have the best treatment possible and lost the opportunity of survival that otherwise would have been afforded to him" ...

Hassell stated, "When I'm talking about failure in first aid, I'm talking about a whole raft, the whole context of the first aid that was offered. In every way, there was a failure properly to plan that everybody knew what they were doing, that procedures were in place so that first and foremost a person who would became unwell would be identified in the ring immediately" ...

The inquest's Dr. Alan Bates also determined that Barron had likely suffered a previous heart attack in the months or even years before his passing, but noted that there would have been a greater likelihood of Barron surviving if he had been given mouth to mouth resuscitation immediately, but would not state it would have been probably that he would have survived.

Another factor that delayed EMTs getting to Barrón by several minutes was that after the ambulance arrived at the front of the building, a security guard brought EMTs around and had them enter from the back of the venue, which delayed them in getting to and providing aid for Barrón. Paramedic Cara Mitchell stated that she would have liked to have gotten to Barrón quicker and that when they arrived at the ring, the person provided CPR was doing it in a "fast" and "ineffective" manner.

There was also confusion in the moment as the first responder who was on hand at the event, Katharine Locke, was not made aware of what the issue was when she was asked to come to the ring and initially believed it was for an issue in the crowd. She did not bring a defibrillator with her initially and did not provide CPR as someone who had claimed they were a Doctor was already in the ring doing it. That person was not identified in the report. Locke did not see Barrón's collapse and was initially worried there was a spinal injury.

Promoter Ruben Cordero admitted there were no pre-show medicals and that Barrón had not volunteered any information regarding any health issues. Cordero also stated that in hindsight, the procedures they had in place were not adequate and that there was a question of whether he or the venue were in charge of the medical aspect of the show - and that he wishes he had pushed to be in charge and oversee that aspect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Last night's AEW Philadelphia taping ended with Cody cutting a promo putting over the fan with the giant cut-out Ted Turner head before putting over a young fan dressed as Orange Cassidy ...

Cody worked the show last night despite being sick with a 102 degree fever the night before. He was given the option of not performing but refused to stay out of the ring ...

There's no word yet how long Luchasaurus will be out of action. The word backstage at the taping was he had torn it, which if that is confirmed to be the case, could mean he's out for several months ...

Backstage at the taping in Philadelphia were CHIKARA founder Mike Quackenbush, JT Dunn, Austin Gunn, former WWE NXT star Bull James (fka Dempsey), David Starr and Mike Verna.

MLW Middleweight Champion Teddy Hart, accompanied by two cats, was also at the taping.

Former ECW World Champion Mikey Whipwreck was in the house. With Tommy Dreamer and Jerry Lynn working as Producers and Taz commentating for AEW Dark, there were four former ECW World Champions at the taping.

Former CZW star Nick Mondo was also at the taping as he was the talented director and producer behind all of Jon Moxley's post-WWE videos. The pair visited the 2300 Arena on Tuesday as well. Speaking of the Arena, its owner Roger Artigiani was in attendance with his family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Ruby Riott was the latest guest on Vickie Guerrero’s podcast and Ruby provided an update on when she could be back after undergoing double shoulder surgery:

“I’m not 100% sure yet, honestly. They said that I’m on a good track for recovery, sometime, hopefully in early 2020. But they haven’t given me an exact date. I’m just hoping the sooner the better honestly, because like you said, it’s just been such a hard road and physically, I lost a lot of muscle in my shoulders and in my arms and everything. I guess I never realized how much I used my arms until I was without one and then both of them, but just mentally, it’s such a shift and when you’re so used to the adrenaline — go, go, go, go, go, and I had a full-time job when I was on the independents and I was wrestling as much as I possibly could for quite some time and I never really had the want or the desire to stop, because I just loved it so much.”

“I loved what I did and the people I grinded by, and then all of a sudden, it’s such a screeching halt so suddenly… it was such a mental difficulty where it was just like, ‘I don’t know what to do with myself’ so I’ve been trying things to occupy my time as of recent[ly]. Its been hard but I’m getting there.”
Quote:
Cody Rhodes took to Twitter and noted that AEW now refers to the Gorilla Position as “The Dusty Position”.
Link: https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/statu...15303881187329

Quote:
Creative Director for Visual Concepts, Lynell Jinks was interviewed by ‘Hardcore Gamer’ and talked about some of the hurdles that came with creating WWE 2K20:

“Creation is the most important part to me in the game. It was a struggle to make sure that everything that fans have grown to love was in the game and working as intended. That alone, we spent so much time on that. It’s so complex and deep and we have so much content year after year that we basically have to rip everything apart and put it back together to make sure it worked as is and then see if we could make it better. Certain things we tried to but at the end of the day, we’re running out of time so the decision to postpone Create a Championship and Create a Superstar was such a huge undertaking to get working again. We had to pull resources off of Create a Championship and put them on Create a Superstar to get rid of all the issues and then update it in a patch to have it. Knowing that, our focus early on and how deep that code base was for the content that we had to focus on more content through MyPlayer and Road to Glory and with Originals, you’ll actually get a ton of new content for Create A Arena and parts that are geared towards 2K Originals. Like Bump in the Night, you’ll see weapons. The thing that we saw early on at the event last year with the Wyatt Compound was that there was nothing else to do. There’s some weapons in the MyCareer version of it that was patched in later. There has to be things in these environments for people to play with that affects gameplay and the match type. That kind of spawned into this whole other thing. Let’s add different categories of weapons like one handed and two-handed objects. Let’s build on that and what can we do and if you look at the Originals, the weapon wheel allows for customization and you can have the bat that has a pumpkin skull on it. I want to use a bone instead of a bat or use a tombstone instead of a chair. On the surface you might think we didn’t add that much to create, but what we added to customize your match or character with our new content, there is a ton of content. The head of Bray Wyatt will also be in the game.”
Quote:
Alicia Fox has been moved to the ‘Alumni’ section of WWE.com.
Quote:
Ohio Valley Wrestling alumni Stephon Smith has signed with WWE to be a full-time referee in NXT.
Quote:
WrestleCon announced the return of the Joey Ryan ‘Penis Party’ show for WrestleMania 36 weekend in Tampa, Florida.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling & WrestlingInc
Bleacher Report chatted with Britt Baker ...

Baker also shared praise for AEW E.V.P. Kenny Omega. She told the site that Omega is very involved in the women’s division and agents most of the matches. One of the major selling points for Britt from Cody and Brandi Rhodes was being able to work closely with the former IWGP Heavyweight Champion:

“Kenny Omega has a huge role in the women’s division. He agents a lot of the matches and he’s brought his passion for the Japanese joshi wrestling to our world and it’s amazing. I don’t have a ton of experience with joshi wrestling, but I love it. I’m learning from Kenny by watching how he puts matches together. How lucky can I be? That was one of the selling points for AEW to me when Brandi and Cody told me he’d have a major role with the women’s division. I was a huge fan. I was the girl staying up all night to watch Wrestle Kingdom even though I had class the next day. Now I work with Kenny Omega, one of the best wrestlers in the world and a creative genius. Some of his ideas just amaze me. There seems to be no end to his creative insanity" ...

Baker also revealed that Cole is best friends with AEW Executive Vice Presidents The Young Bucks, so he's very supportive of AEW.

"But we sit at home and watch each other's matches," she continued. "We actually watch each other's whole show. We support each other's company. My boyfriend is basically best friends with The Young Bucks, so he's very supportive of All Elite Wrestling."
Quote:
CM Punk appeared on WGN News to promote the ‘Girl On The Third Floor’ film and stated that he hopes both AEW and WWE push one another to make wrestling better for the viewers:

“I think it’s great. I wish those guys [AEW] nothing but success. If they’re successful, it will force WWE to be more creative and it’s always better when there’s not just one place to work. It’s better for the wrestlers, it’s better for the fans. I think competition drives industry so if there’s only one place in town to work, I think the creatives will be lazy, so hopefully, both companies will push each other and make the product better for the fans.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/SquaredCircle
Fumi Saito on the Pacific Rim podcast he did with Dave Meltzer said that WWE had no plan for after they bought the company. Fumi said that WWE's offer was to buy STARDOM and then figure out what they would do regarding NXT Japan. Also, WWE offered Rossy, the head of STARDOM and close friend of Fumi, a spot in the WWE Hall of Fame if he sold the company to them.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote