View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 09:51 PM   #1012
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Raw, with both a lower rated NFL game and no baseball playoff competition, grew three percent from last week averaging 2.34 million viewers. It also didn't have the bad first-to-third hour drop at the level of last week.

The first-to-third hour drop of 12 percent is in the normal range as compared to the 21 percent drop last week, which was the eighth largest in history ...

What was notable is that women grew big in hour two, up 22 percent in hour two in 18-49, and more than 40 percent among teenage girls on a show with no women. Men 18-49 declined every hour with a first-to-third hour drop being nine percent, which is usual levels.

However, with teenagers, boys grew throughout the show and girls had a huge second hour increase and not nearly as big of a third hour drop ...

Raw was down eight percent from the 2.54 million viewers the show did last year on the same Monday, going against comparable television competition.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 2.48 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.37 million viewers
10 p.m. 2;18 million viewers
Quote:
Sami Zayn has partnered with Pro Wrestling Tees to create a Sami vs. El Generico T-shirt. All of the profits will go toward Zayn’s Sami for Syria campaign.
Link: https://twitter.com/SamiZayn/status/...219049472?s=20

Quote:
Dave Meltzer notes that Alex Shelley is guest coaching at the WWE Performance Center for a week
Quote:
Cody responded to someone on Twitter about AEW Dynamite ratings: “We are happy and our partner is happy. We overshot projections and set a record for a [WarnerMedia] debut. This is the era of cord cutting, simulcast and dvr bumps. We are proud of how incredible the numbers have been and know we need to work hard now more than ever.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
There was a scary scene at Arena Coliseo in Monterrey, Mexico on Sunday. La Parka (the second version, not LA Park) hit a suicide dive onto Rush and miscalculated the distance and smashed into the guardrail knocking himself out. La Parka was taken to hospital and was thought to be in bad shape. On Wrestling Observer Radio, it was reported that he had begun to get feeling back in his lower body and legs. Luchablog added that La Parka was set to go into surgery on Monday morning. Super Luchas is reporting that La Parka was diagnosed with a neck and cervical fracture.
Quote:
Dorian Roldan of AAA spoke to the Caliente outlet regarding the status of La Parka. Roldan noted that he came out of surgery on Monday in stable condition. but the following 48 hours would be vital. He was treated for an injury to his fourth vertebrae following a dive to the floor on a KAOZ event at Arena Coliseo. La Parka’s feet clipped the middle rope and he crashed to the floor and hit the guardrail. He lost feeling in his hands and legs but was said to have regained the feeling prior to his operation on Monday morning.
Quote:
Scott Fishman of TV Insider spoke with Matt & Nick Jackson on the early success of AEW Dynamite as well as the challenges of their scheduled and balancing their home life, the injury to Luchasaurus last week and how that affected the show, and also discussed the viewership figures over the first three weeks with Matt Jackson stating:

"I heard the expectations were possibly in the 400 or 500,000 range. The fact we crossed a million was great. I think opening we expected a big number. I don’t know if we expected the number, we got in 1.4. Of course, a week or two after there will always be a drop. We expected that.

If we can keep around a million, we’d be thrilled. That would be amazing. We’re such a brand-new thing for them. The next week is tough with Major League Baseball, NBA coming up. We understand that. This whole thing is a whirlwind. We are thrilled right now. And of course, you think about the other wrestling playing that night. And you want to best them, and the fact we are is great. We are also not taking that for granted because they have a great show too. Right now, we have one step foot forward and think about our brand, our television show and making it the best we can make it."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
WWE on Fox Twitter account posted tweet asking fans to stop the "What?" chant that has since been deleted.
Quote:
Since its inception earlier this year, All Elite Wrestling has trumpeted the fact that they take care of the wrestlers. Tony Khan revealed that he's created office positions for wrestlers as a way to ensure they get the benefits afforded to office members in other professions. Awesome Kong not only serves as a wrestler for AEW, but is also a coach for the women's division. Speaking to Collider Live, Awesome Kong discussed the differences in health care provided by AEW compared to WWE.

"From my time in WWE, what I understood was, if you got hurt in the ring then that is something they would take care of," recalled Kong. "However, your everyday exams and check-ups, that was something that you had to be responsible for. As an individual, it's hard and expensive to acquire such medical care with the profession we are in. When you have a company like [AEW] that's behind you and providing [medical care], that really makes it a lot easier on the pocketbook. Just to have that support of, 'these people don't see me as this product in a box. They see me as an actual person.' We had a meeting about concussions and their approach to it was full of humanity and putting yourself and your health first. For old school people, it's hard to comprehend because we'll literally break our neck and try to keep going. To have that attitude of care and putting talent before the bottom line is new for us and surprising, but appreciated."
Quote:
Fightful was able to speak with a couple of people close to the WWE-Fox deal about the relationship between the two, which seems to still be doing swell.

One source at Fox said that the company is happy with WWE and how things have gone so far.

As far as the rest of the partnership, CM Punk did try out for WWE Backstage last month, but was not offered a deal by Fox. As mentioned before, Punk's tryout went well and he impressed the Backstage team, but it was left in the hands of higher ups at Fox that seemed like they'd "moved on" as recently as this week. Nothing is concrete in that regard, though.

The show is run through them, as opposed to UFC Tonight, which would see names get a check from the UFC instead of Fox. We're also told that WWE doesn't have much input on the WWE Backstage show, and it was originally set to feature more inside terminology and references than it does now, even.
Quote:
In an update on the Maria Manic-ROH situation, Casey of Squared Circle Sirens indicated to Fightful that she's back with the company. Fightful was able to confirm the news, and heard that she got a good deal to return to ROH. We're told that Manic is back on a one year deal, salaried, and "non exclusive," but weren't given any indication on how expansive the latter part of the deal was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
FOX has a one-hour WWE Special scheduled to air this Sunday at 5 PM EST.

The title of the special has not been officially announced, but the description reads, "A profile of some of the greatest stars in wrestling and the sport itself."
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Major League Wrestling's Court Bauer is slated for a series of TV meetings this week in Los Angeles, looking to lock in plans to add MLW's television and streaming footprint in 2020.

While the promotion is in the midst of a multi-year deal with BeIN Sport, an agreement that each side has been happy with, and are holding their first PPV on 11/9, their existing deals allow them the opportunity to create additional content for other outlets.

We are told the meetings are planned to explore what MLW can add beyond their BeIN Sport commitments and with AEW, WWE and Impact Wrestling all locked into existing deals, the belief is now is the time to strike to expand the company's footprint.
Quote:
On Oct. 31, heavyweight boxing champion Tyson Fury will make his professional wrestling debut when he goes one-on-one with Braun Strowman. Reports have circulated that Fury will make $15 million for the bout, though those numbers have not been confirmed. ESPN's Ariel Helwani spoke with Fury and WWE Executive Vice President Triple H about the deal, and asked whether the $15 million number was true.

Fury replied, "That's what I've read. I don't know where that information has come from. But I'm not gonna confirm or deny. I don't want to breach my contract."

Triple H added, "It's amazing how much people count other people's money. You can make an argument right now that, if you said, what are the four big sports in America, you can make an argument that we're right there. I'm not gonna confirm or deny, but the positioning of what we are, it's no different than any other sport. We're not the size of the NFL or anything like that, but what we do is up there."

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote