View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 09:03 PM   #1018
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Against competition from both the World Series and NBA, AEW viewership dropped for the third straight week, averaging 963,000 viewers last night.

That's down five percent from last week and is the first time Dynamite has fallen below a million viewers. In the key 18-49 demo, Dynamite averaged a 0.45, which was actually up two percent and good for fourth place on the night in all of cable.

NXT on USA also dropped for the fifth straight week, falling two percent to 698,000 viewers. Like AEW, the rating in the 18-49 demo was also up. It increased five percent to a 0.21 and finished 21st overall on cable for the night.

Aside from people over 50 -- where the WWE product had an advantage of 0.33 to 0.25 -- Dynamite beat NXT in every ratings demo.

The over 50 demo was obviously the strongest for NXT. AEW was strongest in the 25-54 demo, where they averaged a 0.46 rating. One demo where they completely dominated NXT was in young males (12-34), where they had an advantage of 0.43 to 0.12, almost four times as many viewers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
If the Astros vs. Nationals goes to a seventh game, it would be played next Wednesday and go head-to-head with both programs.
Quote:
A special edition of WWE Backstage has been added to FS1's schedule for tomorrow.

WWE on FOX's Twitter account posted a video today where Renee Young announced that a new episode of the Backstage studio show will air live immediately after Friday Night SmackDown at 10 p.m. Eastern time tomorrow.

Due to game three of the World Series being on FOX, tomorrow's SmackDown will air live on FS1.

Paige and Christian will join Young and Booker T on the WWE Backstage episode. Young noted that they'll be speaking to Finn Balor, who turned heel by attacking Johnny Gargano on this week's NXT.
Quote:
Next week's episode of Dynamite will include a bit of collaboration between AEW and Adult Swim animated hit Rick & Morty.

After AEW teased the partnership for next week's show, Cody Rhodes posted a tweet with some more information: "SPOILER: fans attending this Wednesday in Charleston for the Halloween @AEWonTNT will receive @RickandMorty masks #AEW."

Season four of Rick & Morty will premiere on Adult Swim at 11:30 p.m. Eastern time on Sunday, November 10. TNT and the Cartoon Network/Adult Swim are both part of WarnerMedia.
Quote:
AEW is set to crown its inaugural Tag Team Champions next week, and a Hall of Fame team will be playing a part in the process.

It was announced today that The Rock 'n' Roll Express (Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson) will be appearing on next week's episode of Dynamite. They'll present the AEW Tag Team titles to the winners of the promotion's Tag Team Championship tournament.
Quote:
Impact Wrestling co-executive vice president Scott D'Amore, Impact World Champion Brian Cage, and Knockouts Champion Taya Valkyrie were part of an hour-long conference call Thursday, hitting up a variety of topics on the company's past and future ahead of their official weekly AXS TV debut this Tuesday.

The whole call can be heard below, but a few highlights:
  • D'Amore addressed the rumor of the TNA brand returning for one night in April during WrestleMania weekend in Orlando. He said it's early in the process, but that "we don't run from our history, we embrace it."
  • On Kylie Rae returning to the company, "the door is certainly open if she is interested."
  • D'Amore and Valkyrie were asked a lot about intergender matches which D'Amore said they are proud to be at the forefront of. Valkyrie jokingly challenged Cage to a title match and Cage retorted with that it didn't go well for Valkyrie when they wrestled in another organization.
  • D'Amore said their rebuilding process is over and that they have spent two years putting out a great product. He talked about restoring trust in the Impact name. He said they had to rebuild that when he and Callis took over two years ago. After a lot of negativity in '18, he feels they have reclaimed a lot of that trust in '19, but need to keep at it."
  • D'Amore said that other wrestling organizations are competition, but in a good way. "While other companies are competition, they aren't enemies. For us to success, they don't have to fail. Competition breeds innovation. We need to answer the challenge," he said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Because of Crown Jewel, next week's episode of NXT UK will premiere at 11 AM Eastern (4 PM GMT).
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
AEW NEWS AND NOTES
The plan for the end of last night's episode was for it to end as Kenny Omega hit the ring but he was a little late getting to the ring.

In another incident of AEW stepping in where NXT/NXT UK talent was originally scheduled, Private Party will be replacing Mustache Mountain on the International Wrestling Syndicate show in Montréal entitled One Night Only 11/8.

Tony Schiavone tweeted:
I am having more fun than I’ve ever had before calling wrestling. I hope everyone realizes that. Working with @JRsBBQ and @ShutUpExcalibur is a blast. And the @AEWrestling in ring works amazing
— Tony Schiavone (@tonyschiavone24) October 24, 2019
Quote:
Per TVAzteca, Karis la Momia Jr. who is the son of La Parka stated that his father is in stable condition after attempting to hit a suicide dive in a match this past Sunday. La Parka crashed into a barricade head first. It is noted in the article that doctors planned to reevaluate La Parka on 10/24 and Karis la Momia Jr. sent his thank you’s to all who wished La Parka well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
WWE Universal Champion Seth Rollins made headlines on Oct. 21 when he called AEW the "minor leagues" in a response to a question about when he would face Kenny Omega. Rollins was speaking at Fandemic in Houston and you can view his full comments by clicking here.

The comment was viewed by many as another jab between WWE and AEW, which began seemingly the moment All Elite Wrestling became a reality at the start of the year. Kenny Omega and Chris Jericho have taken similar strikes at WWE and NXT talent in recent months. However, AEW announcer Jim Ross didn't dismiss the comment as a light jab or "workers working."

"I'm pissed off about it," Ross said on the latest episode of Grilling JR. "It doesn't do any favors for our business. Any promotion, is bigger than any individual. I'm not inferring that Seth thinks he's bigger than the business. But, by what he says sometimes, you can make that assessment, rightly or wrongly. It's not a classy thing to say for an athlete of his designation.

"I talked to two Hall of Fame guys, off the record, that were embarrassed by those remarks as well. It doesn't do the business any good and one of these cats even said to me, 'Maybe Rollins is breaking under pressure because he's getting a lot of criticism.' Here's the deal, the WWE is a whole different world today than it was when guys were earning above their downside based on live events and pay-per-view. A guy like Steve Austin might be making $1 million a year, downside guarantee. But he might have a year where he could make $10 million, $13 million, $9 million. It's always over that. Now guys in WWE, like Rollins, is on a salary. In broad terms. I don't know how many houses Seth has drawn that has sold out. As another Hall of Famer mentioned to me, it's not about the individuals being over or drawing the house. It's about the WWE brand selling out."

Ross didn't let up on Rollins, saying, "Rollins is in a great spot, he's blessed, maybe someday he'll be as over as his girlfriend [Becky Lynch]. I don't know. I've always liked his work. He's a solid guy. But saying things like that makes him look bad. I feel bad for him. I was upset at Seth because I thought his comments made him sound bad. Made him sound bush league, like he was born on third base, woke up, and thought he hit a triple. I don't know what's happened to some of these guys. I don't know if it's internal, what they're driven to say, what they're obligated to say. They think it'll gain favor of their bosses. I don't know what the answer is."

Despite his criticism of Rollins' comments, Ross did admit that he believes Rollins is a great worker and that a match between him and Omega would be great.
Quote:
New Japan Pro-Wrestling official Tiger Hattori will be refereeing CMLL’s November 15th show as a part of his retirement tour. Hattori’s last bout that he will officiate will be at the Tokyo Dome in January.
Quote:
Josh Barnett announced the third installment of his Bloodsport event in conjunction with Game Changer Wrestling. The event is scheduled for WrestleMania 36 weekend in Tampa, Florida.
Quote:
Sportskeeda has an interview published with Michael Nakazawa. Nakazawa shared that he is more involved in the backstage scene of All Elite Wrestling opposed to the in-ring portion. Nakazawa specifically mentioned assisting Kenny Omega and helping Japanese talent.
Quote:
Deontay Wilder told SunSport he believes Tyson Fury is going to use a made-up injury after his match at Crown Jewel as an excuse to hold off he and Fury’s rematch:

“I’m not surprised he got into WWE. We’d been saying this a long time ago that he’s gonna try it, he’s been making excuses about the rematch. Now he’s got into the WWE, he’s gonna get ‘injured’, make up excuses and lo and behold, we’re already hearing about his sprained ankle. But yeah, he’s messing around with those big guys, but I do not want to hear no excuses, none, no excuses.”

Wilder also stated that he does not believe the reported number that WWE is paying Tyson Fury to be with the company. He questioned why WWE would even give that type of money to Tyson when he can’t sell out Las Vegas.

“I wish everyone well, especially fighters. We work so hard and put our lives on the line so whatever outside of boxing comes to us, I’m happy for everyone. I’m into acting, my thing is acting. I’ve been doing my thing, super busy, I got a lot of acting stuff, movies, a lot of sh*t presented to me. But I’ve been hearing some bits about the WWE. You know, some of the stuff I just don’t believe – like the $15 million. I just can’t see them giving Fury $15 million for what is a guest appearance, when the highest paid I believe is Brock Lesnar on $12 million. Why would they give that to a guy that can’t even sell out Vegas? In his first fight he sold 1,500 tickets, and the second he sold 3,500 tickets. The rest he gave away. Why would they give someone $15 million after that? It’s just like the ESPN deal, that was a lie. He was never getting $100 million. Even his promoter Bob Arum came out and said that’s not true. If everything goes perfect then maybe he got $100 million. A lot of it is smoking mirrors and clout chasing.”

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote