View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 08:48 PM   #1025
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
A Raw episode built around the Rusev and Lana marriage split angle last night ended up doing the third-worst non-holiday number in the modern history of the show.

The show did 2.13 million viewers on average, barely beating the September 9 episode this year and the June 10 episode against the NBA finals. The only other shows finishing lower were on this past Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.

Football hurt, as it does all fall, but that's not the excuse since the Pittsburgh Steelers-Miami Dolphins game did 9.98 million viewers, the lowest Monday game so far this season.

It was a nine percent drop from last week with lesser competition, with significant losses in every hour ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 2.33 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.15 million viewers
10 p.m. 1.93 million viewers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
The third drop experienced an additional drop of 10% with the show built around the Divorce Court segment involving Rusev, Lana, and Bobby Lashley. Despite the success the segment saw on YouTube, the viewing pattern of the show told a different story regarding people sticking around for the third hour. The final hour of Raw was the fourth-lowest third hour of 2019.

The major loss was seen among female viewership with women 12-34 down 21% from last week’s show and a tune-out of 19% from the first to the third hour. Among women 18-49, they were down 12.5% from last week and down 26% from the first hour of the show to the third hour.

The only key demographic that stayed steady was males 18-49 where they were up 1% from last week but dropped 13% from the first hour to the third.
More on this week's RAW viewership.

Quote:
Steve Austin's new show on the WWE Network called Steve Austin's Broken Skull Sessions, which will be interview segments with different wrestlers, debuts Thursday on the WWE Network. Austin's prior interviews were the most-watched non-PPV programming on the network in the past.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
In regard to a question we have received about XFL Players' potential of playing for the NFL, we are told that the current contracts allow a player to leave for the NFL after the existing XFL season is completed. So, if someone goes on a tear in the inaugural season, they would be free to sign with an NFL team (if there was interest in them) after the XFL season has been completed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Mike Johnson at PWInsider reports JoJo Offerman will be back on the road with WWE on Monday, Oct. 28. She is scheduled to be backstage at WWE Raw, though it is not known if she will appear on television or in social media segments.

JoJo has been off the road since January as she was pregnant with Bray Wyatt's child. She gave birth to Knash Sixx Rotunda in May.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
For those of you in Canada, AEW Dynamite this week will air on TSN 2.

We have heard the Friday 10/25 Dynamite replay on TNT, which featured an "extended" five minutes of content, brought in either 254,000 or 255,000 overnight viewers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
TNT is not scheduled to air a replay of AEW Dynamite tomorrow night at 10 pm eastern. For the first three weeks, they ran a replay immediately after the live broadcast but didn’t air one last week. TNT will be running a one-hour version of Dynamite on Saturday morning at 9 am.
Quote:
John Cena announced yesterday that he is planning on donating $500,000 to a charity of Paramount Pictures’ choosing as long as it aids first responders. Paramount Pictures responded by saying they would be donating the money to the Los Angeles Fire Department and the California Fire Foundation. Fires have been raging in California in the last week, forcing evacuations.
Link: https://twitter.com/JohnCena/status/1188965875141038084

Quote:
Seth Rollins did a promo after his match last night talking about his perceived lack of respect, saying “There's been a lot of disrespect lately, I feel like. The Fiend is cool, fresh, and new and has this cult following. And that just puts a chip on my shoulder. I feel like I'm out here every single week, busting my back, breaking my back, putting this whole company on my back sometimes. And I don't get the respect I deserve because there's this new flavor of ice cream.”
Quote:
Musician Poppy is advertised for tomorrow's episode of NXT.
Quote:
The Chicago Cubs jobber team from last night’s Raw were Mike Sydal (brother of Matt) and Kyle Roberts.
Quote:
A pre-Crown Jewel media event will stream live on the WWE Network and WWE's YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter accounts early Wednesday morning.

It was announced today that "WWE Superstars are set to meet the media in Saudi Arabia one day before they take center stage at WWE Crown Jewel." The media event will begin at 4 a.m. Eastern time tomorrow (October 30).

The Crown Jewel pre-show will begin at noon Eastern this Thursday, with the main card starting an hour later.
Quote:
Less than two weeks before they were supposed to take place, ROH has postponed their two November shows in Texas.

The ROH shows that were set for Gilley's Dallas in Dallas, Texas on November 9 and The Aztec Theatre in San Antonio on November 10 will no longer be taking place on those dates. They've been postponed to June 5 and June 6, 2020.
Quote:
Ahead of their first pay-per-view, MLW has confirmed a behind-the-scenes addition to the company.

It was announced via Sports Illustrated today that Chris DeJoseph has joined MLW as a co-executive producer. DeJoseph was formerly an executive producer for Lucha Underground and was also part of the WWE writing team for six years during his career.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
As PWInsider.com reported earlier, Hulk Hogan's plane landing in Iceland led to several burst tires, preventing Hogan and Jimmy Hart from continuing on to Saudi Arabia. While Hogan did not mention it on his videos, likely to prevent the current storyline, Ric Flair was also traveling with him. Hogan stated earlier that a "friend from Minnesota" offered them seats on his plane to allow them to continue on to Saudi Arabia on schedule.

PWInsider.com has learned that friend was actually Brock Lesnar as his plane to Saudi had stopped in Iceland as well, likely to refuel. So, Hogan, Flair and Hart jumped on Lesnar's flight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE announceed this afternoon that tomorrow at 7 PM EST, the USA Network will be airing a one-hour version of last week's WWE NXT episode, which ended with Finn Balor turning on and attacking Johnny Gargano.

One would think the strategy here is to get fans to watch NXT and continue watching, as opposed to switching over to AEW on TNT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
In an interview with Marca.com, Rey Mysterio noted that his son Dominick is slated to begin training at the WWE Performance Center in 2020.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Corey Graves was interviewed about the forthcoming WWE Podcast he will be hosting by Newsweek at this link. On getting involved with the project, Graves said, "WWE reached out to me. I heard mumblings of a podcast partnership for the last year or so, and this place is so big that you can't believe anything until you see it. So I got a call about a month, maybe two months ago, asking if I'd be interested in hosting the WWE flagship podcast. For me that's a great compliment because it's a big undertaking and the company is putting a lot of effort into this, so I was flattered to be the first one asked to do this and be entrusted with the keys to the castle. The first question I asked when they approached me about the podcast was, "is this going to be a WWE fluff piece?" And they assured me that it wouldn't because I said "if you want me to go on and talk about how great everything is and put my head in the sand and not talk about things that most podcasts cover then I wasn't interested." They assured me that I am allowed to rock the boat a little bit. That to me was very exciting."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
The Jordan Myles situation boiling over has plenty of people talking, among those is WWE Hall of Famer Booker T.

A situation unfolded over the weekend where Myles went off on WWE brass for pushing through a WWE t-shirt featuring his name that appeared to utilize black face.

After being tagged in numerous tweets about the matter, Booker spoke of it on his Youtube channel Monday.

"I've been a part of WWE since 2001, and I've had several t-shirts. Every t-shirt all the way up to the hall of fame, they came up to me and gave me several designs. Even back to WCW, I was always a part of the process. I don't know how this t-shirt got out without him knowing about it first and foremost," said Booker.

Beyond Booker's feelings about the situation, he didn't think the shirt was created with malice, but that it was a garbage looking shirt. He also feels like racial controversies are cooked up out of nowhere.

"It's not our job to step up and defend Jordan Myles over his t-shirt. One thing I will say, it's not a good looking t-shirt. It's an ugly shirt. The t-shirt has a black background to it, 90 percent of the shirts have a black background to it. Did it look like black face? Maybe to some people on social media said that. There's a lot of negative people on social media who are looking for anything to make racial. It happens all the time. I can't think the guys went into it (looking) to make a racial shirt about Jordan Myles. To me, the firestorm is not worth going through this," Booker stated.

The WWE Hall of Famer continued to sound off on the controversy by taking the former ACH to task for voicing his grievances on social media. To Booker, unless he's getting paid by his social media following, the issues are meant for WWE and Myles to directly handle.

"Is it something that should have been talked about? Yes. This going to social media crap is the worst thing I've seen in my life. Your business and your job is your business, with that company. It's not for the world to come in. I don't know the last time someone on social media signed my check. Because they don't sign your check they shouldn't know what you're doing? You're damn right! It should be handled, and handled behind closed doors. I've had many racial issues I've dealt with in this business, and none of them have been on social media. There has never been a racial issue that has gone over my head or I've swept under the rug. Every time anyone has said anything racial to me, I've handled it. To hear this Uncle Tom crap -- I heard Jay Lethal's name. I've heard people call me an Uncle Tom, I wish they'd do it to my face, I'll show you what an Uncle Tom looks like, if you do it in public," said Booker T, before clarifying he wants social media complaints reduced.
In regards to Booker's claims that talent are involved throughout the design process, Myles provided the receipts denying that to be the case in NXT. Deadspin's Bixenspan also provided evidence from others in NXT supporting Myles side in that part of the dispute.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote