View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 10:05 PM   #1026
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
NXT and AEW will both face competition from game seven of the World Series tonight. The Washington Nationals defeated the Houston Astros last night to extend the series, with last night’s game drawing more than 16 million viewers on FOX.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
With the seventh game of the World Series tonight, AEW Dynamite and WWE NXT will face a massive distraction to their audiences tonight. This is how they and their respective cable networks plan to battle the threat:

AEW - TNT will air an immediate replay of Dynamite at 10 PM EST when it goes off the air live.

WWE NXT - The USA Network will air a one hour replay version of last week's NXT at 7 PM EST. They will air the live two hour broadcast at 8 PM. They will then, for the first time, air an immediate NXT replay at 10 PM EST.

So, each network is hoping that fans who are watching Major League Baseball live will check out their respective replays after the game ends.
The AEW Dynamite portion of the report ended up being wrong since TNT is currently airing a movie instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE trademarked "UUDD" on 10/22 for clothing purposes. That's the Xavier Woods YouTube gaming channel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Natalya tweeted the following:

The world will be watching. I am so incredibly proud to represent our women’s division tomorrow night at #WWECrownJewel. It’s time to bring your best, Lacey. pic.twitter.com/TeglMWzbZM
— NattieByNature (@NatbyNature) October 30, 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
WWE Universal Champion Seth Rollins was one of the first guests on the After The Bell podcast with Corey Graves. Seth had the opportunity to further address the comment he made about Kenny Omega at a recent Q&A session during-which Rollins referred to All Elite Wrestling as the ‘minor leagues’ when asked about a potential match-up between himself and Omega:

“So, that was fun. We do Q&A sessions and so I had somebody ask me about a potential match-up between Kenny Omega and myself. Kenny and I worked together at Ring of Honor, nine, ten years ago or whatever it was. Maybe a little longer even, and we worked with each other and had some really good matches and I had a great rapport with Kenny. I actually considered him a pretty good friend and stuff and he told me about his time in developmental because he signed to WWE in Deep South [Wrestling] for a little while. He ended up getting sick of it and quitting and stuff like that and went on to have great success in his own right. But yeah, no ill will towards Kenny Omega and I’ve seen Kenny’s stuff since then and he’s an incredible performer but again, if I just sit there and say, ‘Oh, Kenny Omega, what a talent. I would love to wrestle him someday.’ Womp womp. That doesn’t make a headline man. That’s boring, then J.R. has nothing to talk about. God, just let us hate each other. Look, Kenny is great. Kenny’s gotta prove himself in the WWE. So, that’s what I was saying. It is what it is. WWE is the top of the mountain. I’m the guy sitting at the top of the top of the mountain and so if Kenny wants to come and like I said, play in the major leagues, get out of the minor leagues or whatever then that’s fine. The bottom line is, I [asked] Kenny to come to me because I’m not going to him anytime soon.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Over the summer, Seth Rollins made some enemies online when he got into a back-and-forth with Will Ospreay over who the best wrestler in the world is, with both Rollins and Ospreay laying claim to the title. The discussion quickly went off-topic as Rollins brought up his bank account compared to Ospreay's. The comment didn't go over well with fans, but Rollins explains that he was just having some fun.

"To me, a big part of being one of the best is being able to draw money," Rollins told Corey Graves on After The Bell. "That's what our industry is at the end of the day and people don't like that for some reason when it came from my mouth. When other people talk about it, say Cody Rhodes or Sasha Banks, they're cool. But if I come right out and say, 'I've drawn more money than you over the last however many years' I'm the bad guy. Fine. I'll be that guy. I've got nothing but respect for Will Ospreay. It's cool that he stepped up and we got into a spat. If we're all buddies and friends, that's lame. I can be the most humble dude on the planet, but that's boring. Twitter is a place where you have fun."
Quote:
Keith Lee spoke with Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated prior to the 10/30/19 edition of NXT. Lee was asked about the Jordan Myles t-shirt situation and Lee had the following to say about the way black wrestlers and their characters are treated in WWE:

“My character isn’t a character. Keith Lee is Keith Lee. There’s not really a character involved here, so it’s hard for me to really answer that. I’m me, and the only thing that was ever given to me was ‘Bask In My Glory,’ which is thanks to Dusty Rhodes. So I can’t really have qualms about how I represent myself, because it’s by choice. In terms of story, its taken some time to get where I am. But with the work and buzz I’ve created, I’ve put myself in a position where I’m given opportunities that I feel like I deserve. My job is to continue to produce results, ones that continue my narrative—that Keith Lee is everything he says he is, and then some.”
Quote:
According to the Orlando Business Journal, between 2022 and 2025 is a timeline that the city wants to host either a WrestleMania, SummerSlam and/or Survivor Series.
Quote:
Nick Hausman welcomed IMPACT World Champion Sami Callihan onto the WINCLY podcast and Sami revealed that he is under contract with IMPACT Wrestling until December of 2020:

“I’m tied in with IMPACT Wrestling until next December. Not this one coming up. The one coming afterwards but right now, that’s not even on my mind. My mind right now, is being the full force behind saving IMPACT Wrestling and I think I’ve done exactly just that.”
Quote:
AAA held a press conference today. It was announced during the presser that Kenny Omega will defend the AAA Mega Championship on December 1st.
Quote:
Stephanie McMahon told Bleacher Report about why Natalya and Lacey Evans were chosen for WWE’s first women’s match in Saudi Arabia: “Natalya is somewhat of a legend in the women's division. She is the veteran. She has been here for so long, been a part of so many of the changes that have happened. When you consider her legacy and family history, it's pretty remarkable. You take Lacey Evans, who is fairly new on the scene but who has not been shy about sharing her perspective on overcoming, especially in her life and the things she's been through. She has a young daughter and she wants to set an example and pave the way not only for her daughter but boys and girls all around the world. That's their personal stories. I can't think of better representatives for WWE. You can go on their social media. They've made some pretty awesome statements."

Stephanie noted that Natalya and Evans’ ring gear will be different than what it normally is: “I haven't seen the designs but I do know there are certain restrictions and we want to be respectful of the culture. Their costuming will be different than what you would see in a typical WWE show.”

Stephanie also confirmed that another Evolution PPV is most likely not going to happen this year: “We did consider it. A lot of our focus has been on having this particular match as a part of this PPV in Saudi Arabia. More to come on Evolution but it's most likely not going to happen in 2019.”
Her comments about Evolution 2's postponement contradicts Triple H's comments he made a while ago. According to Triple H, Evolution 2 was postponed due to them being very busy with getting things ready for the start of their new tv deals and juggling a bunch of events at the same time.

Quote:
Diamond Dallas Page joined Wrestling INC’s WINCLY podcast and talked about his recent appearance on AEW: Dynamite and made it clear that he has not signed a deal with the company and everything he does with AEW is for Cody Rhodes.

“I wasn’t supposed to be at the AEW show. Cody called me — he was like, ‘Hey, can you do this?’ And I go, ‘Yeah, okay’.” He continued, “I started with Cody on this. First of all, I don’t have a contract. I’m not employed by AEW. I’m doing this for Cody, and you have to understand that it’s a thing of… I’ll give you an example: Without Dusty Rhodes, there’s no Diamond Dallas Page. I don’t have… I probably don’t — I’m positive I don’t have everything that I’ve been able to accomplish, and a lot of it had to with The Dream giving me the opportunity. Well, being as close as we were, you know, I’ve known Cody since he was 12 years old and we just hit it off immediately.”

DDP went on to explain that the reason he hasn’t signed with AEW is that he wants to continue working with WWE:

“And I also wanted him to know as this was starting to grow, the reason I’m not gonna take a contract with AEW is because I still wanna work WWE, because my fitness and wellness plan is really important to me and I know how Tommaso [Ciampa] and [Johnny] Gargano and Lacey Evans and the people who are there I’ve done it with — Shayna [Baszler]. All the different artists that are there and I helped them by getting them in my program and helping them. So I wanted to help the boys and the girls, and of course AEW, but WWE, I’ve been doing for years. So I didn’t really want to take any kind of contract, but when I talked to Code about it, I also wanted him to know that if I was giving him any kind of advice, it wouldn’t be tainted.”
Quote:
Scott Stanford, Charly Caruso and David Otunga will be part of the WWE Crown Jewel kick-off panel. The 20-man battle royal with the winner receiving a United States Title shot will be part of the kick-off show.
Quote:
The WWE on Fox official Twitter account has earned high marks from other Twitter users for interacting with fans and making jokes at the expense of reports and reporters. But the person behind the account admitted to making a poor tweet on Monday.

The account posted a photo hyping Raw featuring Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Erick Rowan, Seth Rollins, Becky Lynch, and Kairi Sane. All six were advertised for big matches or segments at the show, but one user wondered where were the people of color. WWE on Fox replied, "What do you think Kairi Sane is?" The tweet was deleted after backlash from fans.

A "person of color" is defined as "a person who is not white or of European parentage."

In a post on Reddit, the WWE on Fox social media team admitted to making a mistake.

"It was a bad tweet our on end. We shouldn't have even replied, or we could've used other examples like The Street Profits, R-Truth etc. But we just should've stayed quiet. Mistakes happen, and this was on us."

A reply to the Reddit post said "While I can see why you'd think responding to that wasn't necessary, I personally thought it was quite enlightening to those who are ignorant of the fact that the Japanese are also PoC." The WWE on Fox account responded, "Imagine if they found out that I'm hispanic."

This isn't the first time the WWE on Fox account has deleted a tweet. A tweet asking fans to stop chanting "What?" was deleted on Oct. 21 during Raw. The team later admitted that the timing of the tweet was poor as it took away from WWE Raw. The social media team also deleted a tweet following WWE Hell in a Cell where they declared 'The Fiend' Bray Wyatt the winner over Seth Rollins by disqualification. The match was officially ruled a "match stoppage."
Link: https://twitter.com/TheBarrylad/stat...65053967372288 , https://old.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...ately/f5o15qo/

Quote:
Jordan Myles noted that all of the proceeds from his “F%#k Racism, Watch Wrestling” shirt on Pro Wrestling Tees will go to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America.
Link: https://twitter.com/GoGoMyles/status...837603840?s=20

Quote:
MJF will join Excalibur on commentary for the episode of AEW Dark that’s being taped tonight.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote