View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 09:48 PM   #1027
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Going up against game seven of the World Series between the Washington Nationals and Houston Astros, AEW and NXT ratings were both significantly down from last week.

AEW did an average of 759,000 viewers, down 21 percent from last week. In the 18-49 demo, the show finished sixth overall on cable with a 0.33 rating, down 27 percent from the previous week, which aired against game one of the World Series.

NXT wasn't down quite as much in terms of either audience or the key demo. NXT averaged 580,000 viewers, which was down 14 percent from last week. In the 18-49 demo, the show did a 0.18, down 17 percent.

The strongest demo for AEW was men 18-49, where they averaged a 0.48 rating, more than double the 0.23 for NXT. They beat NXT in every category except for persons over 50 (where NXT has an advantage every week), as well as women 12-34 ...

Last night's World Series game averaged 20.8 million viewers on FOX for the two hours that aired opposite wrestling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Where AEW got slaughtered was among younger viewers as people 18-34 were down 51%, females 12-34 were down 65%, and males 12-34 were down 44%. The audience AEW has struggled with most, adults 50+, was unchanged from the week prior with a 0.25 both weeks.

NXT topped AEW among females 12-34 and adults 50+. They saw fewer erratic drops among the key demos with the largest being females 18-49 that dropped 31.5%. They also displayed gains among males 12-34 that were up 27% and people 18-49 that increased 15%
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Joey Mercury 's run with Ring of Honor ended this week, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

Mercury had been overseeing the company's training dojo and was working on the creative team as well as a Producer behind the scenes.

We are told that Mercury was removed from his positions this week. We are told that it was a "mutually agreed upon decision" following this past weekend's in the UK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
For those asking how AEW Tag Team Champion Frankie Kazarian is after smacking his head on the apron during a hurancarana off the top rope to the floor, we are told that while he got banged up, he is OK and isn't expected to miss any action. He did not suffer a concussion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
In honor of Halloween, WWE Network News is reporting that we are getting two dark matches from a WWF Superstars taping which took place on October 31, 1989 as today's WWE Network "Hidden Gems" selection:

WWF Superstars Taping Dark Match 10/31/1989 – Rowdy and Ravishing [Duration: 00:11:48]
“Rowdy” Roddy Piper looks to show Rick Rude just how ravishing he can be when they face off in this rarely seen contest from Halloween 1989.

WWF Superstars Taping Dark Match 10/31/1989 – A Savage Halloween [Duration: 00:14:08]
On Halloween night 1989, “Macho King” Randy Savage, accompanied by Sensational Queen Sherri, battles “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Ring of Honor issued the following ...

Beginning Nov. 8, Fight Network UK will broadcast ROH’s TV show every Friday night at 9 p.m. This will mark the first time “Ring of Honor Wrestling” will air on British television. The program is currently available via the FITE TV app.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Continuing his recent run of having superhero-inspired gimmicks, Ricochet's ring gear was inspired by All Might from the "My Hero Academia" franchise.
Quote:
On Wednesday's NXT, William Regal announced the first-ever women's War Games bout for NXT TakeOver: WarGames III. While the competitors have yet to be announced, it was confirmed that NXT Women's Champion Shayna Baszler and Rhea Ripley would serve as the respective captains.

"It's crazy to think all the big moments in history I've been a part of," Baszler told CBS Sports. "I say this every single time. The first-ever Mae Young Classic and the first-ever all women's pay-per-view. Every time a historical moment happens, I think, 'What next?' This is what's next. I ask that every time.

"But the thing I have to look at for the future is retaining and defending the NXT women's championship, whatever that entails. Just the way NXT has been run and the importance placed on the women's division, as long as I concentrate on the NXT women's championship, that title has history behind it and historical importance. As long as I do my job in defending that, history will come my way. I don't need to seek it out."

On NXT, Baszler was aligned with her Horsewomen running mates Jessamyn Duke & Marina Shafir along with Io Shirai and Bianca Belair. On the other side, Ripley stood with Candice LeRae, Dakota Kai, and Tegan Nox. It is unknown how many competitors will be in the bout.

"I have a whole lot of mixed feelings, to be honest," Ripley said. "I just can't wait to get in there. To be able to make history time and time again, that's all that I've ever wanted to do since being a little girl. I always knew that I was destined for something big in this world. I've already made history becoming the first-ever NXT UK women's champion, and I've been in the first ever Mae Young Classic.

"Now, to be able to break history again and be in the first ever women's WarGames? It's insane. And not only just be in it, but to be the captain of my own team is just incredible. I have so many mixed feelings about it and I can't wait to step in there and give Shayna's team what they have coming, you know?"
Quote:
During his feud with 'The Fiend' Bray Wyatt, fans have turned on Seth Rollins after getting behind him heading into WrestleMania and his clash with Brock Lesnar. Fans have become more vocal about their displeasure with Rollins, stating their opinion on Twitter. Rollins hasn't backed down from the criticism, often engaging in a war of words on social media that seems to do him more harm than good.

Speaking to Corey Graves on After The Bell, Rollins addressed the backlash.

"If they don't get what they want, they whine about it on Twitter. That's kinda what happens nowadays. It happens with everything, not just our industry. If you do something, and it strikes a chord, it's almost like you're doing the right thing. I don't even know anymore. It's a weird industry. It's 2019 and I don't know what wrestling looks like anymore. It's a weird place," he said. "A year ago, I was everybody's favorite. The same people panning Hell in a Cell are the same people who were clamoring for me to be the guy to face Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania. I don't know what changed, except for the fact that I became the person they wanted me to be. Then they hated me for it. It's a very fickle audience."

When asked about the crowd booing his WWE Hell in a Cell match with 'The Fiend Bray Wyatt, Rollins replied, "It's not a good feeling to put your body on the line, and you go out there and people don't like it. It hurts your feelings. You go out there, work hard, and you can have your opinion on it but it's a tough pill to swallow sometimes."

Fans not only boo'd the contest, but chanted for rival promotion "AEW" and "refund" as the show went off the air.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote