View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 06:47 AM   #710
Wishbone
I'm a loner, Dottie...

Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastway View Post
Toy story, snow white , cinderella, the lion king, the jungle book, etc
sequel after sequel after sequel.
Toy Story's sequels have been amazing.

Snow White never had a sequel at all.

Cinderella had a direct to dvd sequel, but honestly I've never seen it and I don't think the vast majority of people have so it's not really hurting anything. Plus Cinderella was pretty stupid in the first place.

The Lion King 2 wasn't that bad of a movie at all. In fact I sorta like it even today. Yeah it was a ripoff of Romeo and Juliet, but the original was just Hamlet with lions (and less dying of course). As for Lion King 1 1/2, well, that one was un-necessary as hell, but again it wasn't really bad. Plus it actually had a basis considering the Shakespeare influence of the other films. There was a play at one point that showed one of Shakespeare's plays from the perspective of 2 minor characters. That's essentially what Lion King 1 1/2 is.

The Jungle Book sequel is under the same camp as Cinderella's. No one saw it and no one cared. I have however seen it, and I'm going to tell you now that it isn't all that bad. It's really childish, but why is that a crime? It's clearly targeted at extremely young children (as most of the direct to dvd sequels were) so no harm no foul. And as far as super childish stuff goes it wasn't really all that bad. Was it un-necessary? Totally, but that doesn't mean it ruined the franchise.

As for some of the live action versions we're getting now, well, yeah, they're not great. I mean Maleficent was alright in my opinion. A bit of a missed opportunity, but the visuals were amazing, and Angelina did a pretty good job considering what she was given. Haven't seen Cinderella, but I've heard it was pretty meh. No one I've talked to has said it was "bad" though, just that it was kinda average and boring. The only other one I can think of is Snow White and the Huntsman which honestly I kinda liked. It was pretty stupid, but some of the action scenes were fun, and the visuals were pretty neat.

P.S. Live action Jungle Book looks amazing as hell, and if you don't think so you're not invited to my clubhouse. Oh, and my clubhouse is awesome cause we got cookies AND pizza so
Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote