View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 11:46 PM   #25
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
This is the problem with the women's divisions. The divisions aren't deep enough, nor do they have the heavyweight players to mix it up with other heavyweight players. Asuka will have to be selling for Carmella. It's not the biggest problem they have -- Asuka vs. Ronda is still going to get them relative attention and feel like a big women's match -- but it's a problem when it comes to maintaining interest in those acts throughout the year.
Yeah, each brand has a number of women that are good, but nowhere near the level they need to be for the division to consistently put on great matches like the men.

Asuka
Charlotte
Sasha

Those are the only women on the main roster that can put out great work on a consistent basis. You can throw in Ember Moon and Kairi Sane if you want to include NXT, but that's still only 5.

That said, I'm not too worried about it. It may not be ideal at the moment, but like I said, the rest of the women are at least okay to very good. Alliyah on NXT is the only one that comes to mind, that is just flat out the drizzling shits. Not only that, but unlike the diva search era, it seems like most of the women here are passionate about wrestling, and truly want to be the best. So it's not hard to imagine that many of these women still working to improve right now will be standing on the same level as your charlottes and asukas in a couple years.

I mean charlotte herself was fucking terrible only a few years ago. I think she was actually worse than Alliyah is now.

Even though Alexa and Nia aren't on their smackdown counterparts' level, I'm still looking forward to their match. They've improved to the point where I enjoy their matches and they'll definitely be trying to put on a better match than they ever have before.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote