View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 11:10 PM   #10
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Yep, they've went back to alot of the basics this year and it's worked for them. As far as story telling and continuity goes they've got WWE beat by a long shot. The LAX/OGz story has been good and has an old school feel to it in my opinion. The matches have been great as well and there is also more reason to care about a match on Impact rather than a random match on Raw. I might get carried away and fall into a Noid post.

The Knockouts have always been better than WWE's women and Tessa is just keeping tradition in that sense. Allie is what Bayley should be, the sweetheart that has a badass side. Haven't been a fan of Su Yung but I know there is a Rosemary payoff coming that I really want to see. Kira Hogan has also been impressive. Plus they have the Smokeshow Scarlett Bordeaux.

Getting the Lucha Underground talent was a big get for them this year. Guys like Pentagon, Fenix, Cage, and Johnny Impact/Nitro/Mundo/Morrison/Hennigan /Survivor have been heavily featured. Kind of disappointed Pentagon hasn't went after the World Title again but they've got something good with the Callihan feud. Feel like Cage is a great choice as X Division Champion but I'd like to see that title featured at BFG instead of tied up in a six man tag.

Was really surprised by the Moose turn and him joining Aries. Feel like the only chance of Jericho showing up in Impact Wrestling is with Aries retaining bug I could also see Johnny Impact winning with him being on TV almost every night of the week and sometimes twice. I haven't bought PPVs for a while because in the past they'd air most if it on TV weeks afterwards but I've bought Slammiversary and Bound for Glory this year. Slammiversary was one of the best shows of the year so I hope they follow it up.
Simple Fan is offline   Reply With Quote