View Single Post
Old 04-24-2016, 10:24 PM   #24973
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Hmm. I don't see that working for the casual fan, just visually. Nakamura feels too "new." I know they have wrestled before, but I just can't see the WWE going that route. And I think Triple H's ego is going to put him in there with someone that is going to have eyeballs on them that he gets to "make." My mind went to AJ first, then to Balor, and then I thought "Of course it's going to be Nakamura."

I see Brock around the title at Mania. I'd love to see the Shield Triple Threat, but I have a feeling they're going to go in with Reigns and try and give the Reigns vs. Brock match a conclusion. The only other thing really for Brock is Orton, and I'm not sure how keen Orton would be on that match, or just how much genuine interest there is in it. That's not a knock on them, but it feels like Babyface Orton is someone you don't want to see get punched in the head repeatedly by Brock, and Heel Orton isn't much of a threat once he's destroyed by Brock. There's not much of a "rub" gained by either man. I dunno, never been high on that match just due to how I see them matching up chemistry-wise.

The time for Cena vs. Taker came and went, I feel, but I'm sure they're going to try and do whatever they can to make sure it happens. That leaves Rollins and Ambrose without opponents. I can see them automatically being matched up. Maybe some sort of "ultimate rivalries" tag team match? Whoever the heels are align to face whoever the babies are. Maybe Vince, Shane or Triple H do something sadistic and put Owens & Zayn on the same side against Ambrose & Rollins? A "fuck you, this is WrestleMania, so we know how hard you'll fight even though you hate your partners" sort of thing. Orton is left without an opponent then, so I can see him being put with AJ Styles, who seems the next highest up. As I said in another thread, I can see The Wyatt Family and The Balor Club facing off in a six-man for the ages. You're probably going to repeat you 7 guy Ladder Match for the IC Title to build that "tradition." I imagine this is where Cesaro, Dolph Ziggler, Adrian Neville, Kalisto and Del Rio end up. There's two more spots, and I can see them giving one to Sheamus since he's a featured guy. Rusev would be the next most important guy, but I see him being given Battle Royal shine, alongside Big Show, Baron Corbin and Samoa Joe. Apollo Crews for the Ladder Match, actually. Enzo & Cass could be given shine on the Kickoff Show to hype people up, win a tag team match, then appear in the Battle Royal. The Usos will probably be in there too, given that they haven't been featured on the main card yet. I thought they might put them against Big Show & Kane in a sort of "nightmare becomes reality" moment to try and make them look like hoss-beating giant killers, but I don't see them featuring that main card. Maybe on the RAW After Mania.

Obviously a lot can happen between now and then, but those are my current standing predictions.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote