View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 05:16 AM   #52150
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Guycott View Post
I only disagree with it because he kinda sidestepped the questions by bombarding everyone with low-hanging fruit.

Kinda funny that Kenny King is championing the business, but how is the question "why is rey rey being disrespected?" answered with "because some indyriffic chick pulled a tampon out her twat"? How is the [attempted] question "why is wrestling not disrespected in other places around the world" being rebutted with the Joey Ryan dick flip... which originated in Japan, and the media there still treats it as a legit thing? And throwing New Day in with that jizz really seemed like a cheap way to get a larger bout of attention/heat to trend on twitter, especially with the "not cool for adults" which is kind of the point of ND as a whole; fitting that role of kid-centric attention getters. I'm really surprised he didn't go for something about two unknowns beating eachother with light tubes or some backyarder who went viral. If this rationale were followed back in the day during the height of the Monday Night Wars, he'd point out the match between Beulah and Fonzie in ECW to explain why someone may have scoffed at The Rock or Sting. If he wasn't trying to be a heel here, he sure is a natural at it.

Please absorb my comments before responding, because I am in no means defending Joey Ryan, nor do I disagree there is ridiculous shit and will be the first to admit I usually fall on the Cornette side of things when it comes to presentation. And again, it's kinda funny that Kenny King is bringing up a valid point about a legend being disrespected. That's almost like if New Jack would tweet telling people to calm down and not doing anything rash or violent in the moment and that cooler heads will prevail.

TL;DR What I'm saying is the answer to why was Brawn being shit on by Keith Olbermann is not Joey Ryan's penis, and Brad's answer being such made it seem like an irrational mad-on. Like he and Vince had a one-night stand, and didn't call him back after, so now all wrestling is "a carny industry".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Mantis View Post
I find it very unlikely that people shitting on a WWE wrestler promoting a show during a baseball game would know about any of those things in the first place.
Oh, I see the Kenny King tweet now. I was playing around on an old laptop and I didn’t get the context of his reply.

I don’t agree that it is low-hanging fruit. Well, it is low-hanging fruit, but that’s the point. It’s the stuff that does go that low that colors everything else. Your team is often as good as its weakest component, and a lot of commentators would not give good wrestlers the benefit of the doubt over bad wrestlers. Especially with WWE itself being so hokey.

So I don’t think he’s wrong. People look down on wrestling because when it comes to those who taste matters to, and help define it, wrestling deserves to be looked down on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito View Post
That’s why I personally just don’t really get people getting up on their soapbox complaining about “THIS PROMOTION/WRESTLER/ANGLE IS KILLING THE WRESTLING BUSINESS!”

It’s never going to be mainstream again. It will always remain a niche market. Fortunately there’s still plenty of variety out there so watch what you enjoy and quit being a curmudgeon.
Completely disagree. I mean, it might not ever get back to where it has been, but there is no reason to keep fucking it up just because it has already been fucked up. “Everyone else is doing it” has always been a shitty moral stance, in my opinion.

And I think people are really easy to work. They still get worked by politics, reality TV, marketing, MMA/boxing hype, buzzwords, “based on a true story,” gossip, religion and a bunch of other things. Everything is pro-wrestling except pro-wrestling. It doesn’t even try anymore, and it’s a damn shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vastardikai View Post
Shepard's rant, from just after the generic rasslin' insults up until he gets to the New Day, doesn't sound that much different from a Cornette rant. And the problem is, he isn't wrong.

When he gets to the New Day, he's wrong as fuck. Because holy shit, who WOULDN'T be at least mildly amused by one guy passing out pancakes, a second twerking, while a third plays trombone? It's played just straight enough to work.

The thing is, the nerds, who will likely feel slighted by the Truth, will just double down on the Dick Wrestler, Tampon Girl, and Pockets. Because that's all they know how to do.
Eh, The New Day were a great act as heels or when their face turn was fresh, but I don’t think the act is inherently cool.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote