View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 01:55 AM   #583
Disturbed316

Disturbed316 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Disturbed316 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Disturbed316 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Disturbed316 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Disturbed316 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Disturbed316 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Disturbed316 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Disturbed316 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Disturbed316 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Disturbed316 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Soooooo just finished episode one. The first act was a lot longer than the remaining two, after taking a while to get going, it was soon over.

I'll post my choices when I next log on but my initial thoughts are (no episode spoilers):

- It took a good five minutes for my previous games to sync up so I could continue on my story. Thought it wasn't working initially as it was constantly finishing syncing and then restarting the process. So if it takes some time, don't panic.
-Combat mechanics are upgraded and pretty terrible. Controls and movement has been updated as well. I died 16 times (no lie, it's shown in my stats on my Xbox) due to the shittyness of the new combat, mainly at the part where you can activate the traps on the walkers. A not fun and very frustrating section.
-I was really gripped by the story and am so glad to be back in control of Clementine. New Frontier was such a let down storyline wise and I did not care for any of those characters, outside Clementine obviously. So yeah, I'm glad to be back in control on Clem, it's only going to get better from now on.
- The new group of survivors are an interesting bunch, some I prefer and some are dicks, like always.
-I completed the episode in around 2.5-3 hours, so standard Telltale length. I find it interesting they have added 'collectibles' that you can find this time. I got 4 out of 6 so missed out on the two achievements for collecting and placing them (when given the chance).
-Speaking of achievements, they are a bit more varied this time round. Usually they are just for completing the chapters/acts but there has been a bit more thought into them this time. It will require at least 2 play throughs to get the full 250 for the episode. I think I'll wait until all four episodes are out and completed before going back to mop up.

Overall I think it was a solid start to the final season, I look forward to the next episode.
Disturbed316 is offline   Reply With Quote