View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 07:36 PM   #1160
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
After a week off for Christmas, AEW Dynamite returned on Wednesday night with its best ratings numbers since October 16. The show averaged 967,000 viewers, up 42 percent from the previous episode that aired on December 18.

In the important 18-49 demo, AEW finished 13th for the night on cable with a 0.36 rating, up 44 percent from the previous episode and also the best number Dynamite has done in that category since October 16.

NXT, which aired a year in review show that featured the announcement of NXT's year-end awards and the teams for the 2020 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic, had its lowest number on the USA Network, averaging 548,000 viewers. That was down 34 percent from last week.

NXT did a 0.15 rating in the 18-49 demo, dropping to 66th for the night on cable in that category ...

Detailed demo ratings are not available at this time for NXT since it finished outside the top 50. For AEW, their strongest category was men 18-49, where the show averaged a 0.52 rating.

Both shows faced much stronger than usual sports competition in the form of college football's Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl, along with the studio shows that aired before and after the games. The Rose Bowl did almost 15.7 million viewers, with the last 45 minutes of that game airing opposite NXT and AEW.

The post-game show and Sugar Bowl pre-game show dropped to 13 million. The Sugar Bowl averaged almost 10 million viewers, with the first hour going against the wrestling shows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
In the 18-49 demographic, AEW reeled in 467,000 viewers and NXT drew 195,000 viewers. The 967,000 number is AEW’s highest viewership since the October 16th episode of Dynamite. NXT’s last live rating was December 18th which saw the crowning of Rhea Ripley as NXT Women’s Champion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Longtime videogame journalist and wrestling fan Dan Rycert announced today that he was leaving CBS interactive's GiantBomb.com. Beginning next week, he will be moving over behind-the-scenes of WWE's podcasting network becoming a producer on the New Day's "Feel the Power" podcast, according to a Newsweek interview with Kofi Kingston.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Major League Wrestling today announced a World Heavyweight Title Fight: Jacob Fatu vs. Brian Pillman Jr. for MLW: Zero Hour at the NYTEX Sports Centre in the greater Dallas/Ft. Worth area on Saturday January 11. The event will be a MLW FUSION TV taping for beIN SPORTS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
There is a lot of talk that a major story involving MLW and a new partnership will be breaking imminently. Court Bauer was in LA a number of times in recent weeks meeting with potential TV and licensing partners. We are told the story has a lot of potential to tranform the company's future in a positive way.
Quote:
Chris Jericho is gearing up for his match against Hiroshi Tanahashi on night two of Wrestle Kingdom 14. He did an interview with Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated to promote the match and Jericho revealed that he wanted to work with Tanahashi last year but Gedo insisted that he work with Tetsuya Naito first.

“I wanted to work with Tanahashi last year. When I attacked Naito in Korakuen Hall, I wanted to attack Tanahashi, but Gedo wanted it to be Naito, which turned out to be great. This is a main-event, money match, and there is a lot of buzz about it. I just watched the match Tanahashi had with Kenny from last year in the Tokyo Dome, and it was amazing.”

The stipulation of Tanahashi earning an AEW World Title opportunity if he defeats Jericho has been thrown out there. When asked what is next for him in New Japan, Jericho said he doesn’t know but he’d like to work Will Ospreay and Kota Ibushi.

“I came to work with Omega, Naito, Okada and Tanahashi. Will I come back after the Tana match? I don’t know. I’d love to work with Ospreay and Ibushi. It might be mission accomplished after this, it might not, but it’s really cool to go back as a main event heavyweight after being a junior heavyweight.”
Quote:
Dave Meltzer stated on Wrestling Observer Radio that AXS informed New Japan Pro-Wrestling that they could stay on AXS if NJPW got a working relationship with IMPACT Wrestling going. New Japan turned the offer down which led to them no longer being on AXS TV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingInc
WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon left the XL Center in Hartford, CT on Monday afternoon before RAW hit the air, but returned to the arena because he didn't want to miss the wedding of Lana and Bobby Lashley.

We noted earlier this week, via PWInsider, that while Triple H and Kevin Dunn missed Monday's show, Vince arrived backstage at the XL Center right before the show hit the air. That is incorrect as WWE Hall of Famer Jerry Lawler revealed during the latest episode of his podcast, featuring Rusev as the special guest, that Vince left around 2pm ET but returned around 5:30pm ET because he didn't want to miss the ceremony.

Lawler also revealed that the wedding was highly anticipated by people backstage. He talked about Vince missing recent WWE TV events due to important XFL meetings, as we've speculated ...

"Vince has his own office there, and he told everybody he had to leave at 2 o'clock. He left, the limousines took him out. We even went from the Talent Relations.. I dress in the Talent Relations office with Mark Carrano and those guys. So we moved the Talent Relations office into Vince's office. So we moved all our stuff over into his bigger, nicer office, where we had more room and we're all sitting there and I don't know, about 5:30 or so, somebody comes in and says, 'Hey, Vince is on his way back, he doesn't want to miss the wedding!'"

Lawler continued, "So, he came all the way back... all of a sudden we're in the back scrambling, we're grabbing up all of our stuff. We had to put his office back together so he wouldn't know that we'd stolen his office from him. But yeah, Vince came back just to make sure he was there for the wedding. So, it was great."

Rusev said he heard the same story, and commented on how Vince is a big fan of weddings.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote