View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 02:25 AM   #643
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I was listening to Dave Meltzer on the show, and I just have to rant about something:

SPOILER: show
Meltz said that Juice Robinson is such a star and he's the guy that people really want to see succeed. What? No one has ever given two shits about CJ Parker. I didn't hate him in NXT. Granted, he was not spectacular, but I always thought he had "WWE potential" given he could do some extroverted stuff. When he got there in the ring he'd get there in the ring. That's a part he could learn. I was happy for the guy taking initiative and going to New Japan. But don't give me this crap about people loving the guy and him being a feel-good fucking story all along. It's great that he's gotten himself over with the US audience right now. This isn't so much a rant against Robinson, and I do love Meltzer, but fuck's sake. He cuts one promo and steals one show and he's been a star all along.

I'm probably taking Dave's hyperbole out of context, but I'm pretty sure no one gave a fuck about Juice Robinson outside that one promo I'm hearing about and that one match. Good for him, I hope he keeps it up. I do think it says something about the overrated talents of others when Jay White and Juice Robinson can steal the show from under you though. Just throwing that out there.

Good to hear Jay White did well too. Sucks to hear about Hiromu. No one needs to get hurt like that, but hopefully it smartens up some of the work and he comes back a bit wiser and a bit tighter.

Generally, I like the idea of them doing more angles in the US. Makes the shows feel important and makes them feel appropriately "Americanized." I'm not overly keen on Tama Tonga as a main event player and I'm still not sold on Cody in such a pivotal role, but I appreciate the effort and that they are trying to cycle new people into new positions. Unlike the WWE just randomly pushing Jinder and people telling me to like it because it's anyone new, I do appreciate that they're going to give things a good go and that they're not leaning 100% on the stuff that sells their tickets today.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote