View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 08:41 PM   #3825
Ultra Mantis
Grim Fandango

Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Started playing Nioh last weekend, it's not as smooth as Souls but it's a pretty good take on the genre. Pretty humorous that the game starts with you
SPOILER: show
dying(?) and waking up in the undead asylum, uh, I mean Tower of London. Complete with it's own fat demon boss (this one is called Derrick though). There's also a Mine level that is definitely nothing like Demon Souls 2-1.

Bosses are way less forgiving than Souls, at least three so far have one shotted me on their opening move which makes it a lot harder to learn their moveset. I do really like that one boss is a sea monster that looks like the map placeholder from Ni No Kuni, and speaking of NNK(2), the loot system here is even more overwhelming to me and I have no idea what half of the stats or blacksmithing options even mean. I know I have too much gear though.

I unlocked that hard as balls duel mission from the demo and I still can't beat the fucker. This game is seriously tough. I like it.
Ultra Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote