View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 10:07 PM   #1854
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Isn't that over, yes. His reactions are underwhelming compared to what has been reported (crowds are shit, but he doesn't ignite them), and I don't think he has the mass appeal that people say he does (or else crowds wouldn't be shit). I think he's a big dude that was booked to throw around people no one gave a fuck about the safety of, and they've been worked into thinking this makes him "good." Whenever he has to work a longer match, it's full of boring shit and botches because he's not really that good and people have just missed certain elements of pro-wrestling (squashes, big guys tossing people around) and are willing to latch onto anyone not Reigns.

Outside that, his name is goofy, his look is goofy, the angles he is involved in absolutely suck and are impossible to take seriously. He's very much a product of modern wrestling to me, and I think he's only more over than a bunch of other people that aren't over at all, which is a caveat that needs to be discussed. During the Attitude era, for example -- he is stuck in DOA or a mid-card tag team with Faarooq or something.

There are two types of people in the wrestling world: People who find that gif funny and awesome, hahaha, Braun is awesome, so cool; and people who question why they are watching this lame shit. Honestly, I think he is more over within the bubble of the internet, which also tells you that Broken Matt Hardy was over, women's wrestling draws and cruiserweights matter. You begin to hear this thing again and again so you think it is more widely true than it actually is. And I do believe that people have been oversaturated with mediocre wrestling for so long that different is automatically better to a lot of connoisseurs.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote