View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 10:18 PM   #2155
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Joey Janela's Lost in New York event:

SPOILER: show
Voices of Wrestling recently reported Vince/WWE are currently leaning towards Brock Lesnar retaining the Universal Championship over Reigns at SummerSlam. Place I read the rumor from made no mention of Braun so its possible he won't be cashing in or also loses to Lesnar at SummerSlam.

Spoiler tags used since its related to possible Universal Championship plans at SummerSlam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Although Sasha Banks said that SummerSlam weekend next year would be in Los Angeles in an interview this week, WWE has said that they have not announced the city, but it would not be Los Angeles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer/Post Wrestling
Indies Roundup:
Tenille Dashwood said that she had to pull out of this weekend's ROH U.K. show due to psoriasis, which she has battled since she was a teenager and aid this has been the worse case of her life, triggered when she was sick. She said there is no cure but it feels like burns and its tearing her skin all over her body and it's almost undbearable. She said she worked with it but it escalated and she was recently hospitalized.

Pro Wrestling Revolver on 10/20 in Des Moines, IA at the Val Air Ballroom with PCO v. Walter plus Rich Swann, Jake & Dave Crist, Sami Callihan, Dezmond Xavier, Zachary Wentz, Shane Strickland and Ace Romero.

Impact vs. NGW on Twitch Sunday at 4 p.m. with Sami Callihan vs. Matt Cross, Rich Swann & Matt Sydal vs. AR Fox & Menace, Moose vs Hoodrich, Eli Drake vs. Joey Ryan, Myron Reed vs. Trevor Lee, Su Yung vs. Nicole Pain and more.

SoCal Pro on 9/15 in Vista, CA at the Boys & Girls Club with Penta 0M vs,. Ultimo Dragon, managed by Sonny Onoo.

Lucha Underground’s television viewership dropped 15% this week with 97,000 viewers tuning in on Wednesday on the El Rey Network. The show featured The Mack, Son of Havoc & Killshot defending the Trios championships against The Reptile Tribe, which was set up in the opening segment.

Satoshi Kojima returns to New Japan Pro Wrestling on Sunday, September 9th on the Road to Destruction tour following an ACL injury this past January. Kojima will be turning 48 years old next month. They have not announced who Kojima will be working with for his return.

MLW has announced that Low Ki will defend the MLW title against Rey Fenix on September 6th at their television tapings in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. That same show is headlined by a War Games Match and will also feature Pentagon Jr. vs. LA Park in a Mexican Massacre Match, as well as PCO taking on Brody King. The card takes place from the War Memorial Auditorium.
Dashwood: https://twitter.com/TenilleDashwood/...32117057470467 , Kojima: https://www.instagram.com/p/BmjKBbCA...glish_official

Quote:
There is some talk in Tennessee regarding adding to the ballot a measure where they would vote on building a new stadium for a Major League Soccer team. The stadium site would be the site of the Fairgrounds in Nashville, which, if it goes on the ballot and passes, would mean the end of the legendary wrestling arena.
Link: https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...dum/990395002/

Quote:
Chris Jericho recently revealed that he had pitched an idea that would have pitted him, the IWGP Intercontinental champion, against the WWE Intercontinental champion at the time, Seth Rollins.

Jericho mentioned in the latest episode of Talk is Jericho that he recently pitched the idea to “a certain head of a certain wrestling company”.

“I’ve got something for you,” he recalled when pitching the idea. “Boffo box office. I said what do you think about Intercontinental champion vs. Intercontinental champion: Jericho vs. Rollins?”

Jericho continued, saying that the match would wind up ending in a disqualification, with Rollins’ next challenger coming in and attacking. He also would have had time to come in and set up the angle on the Raw go-home show. He later went on to say that while it got a decent response, he never heard back from the company. Rollins is also no longer the Intercontinental champion, as he lost the title to Dolph Ziggler back on June 18.

Chris Jericho has been IWGP Intercontinental champion since June 9, when he defeated Tetsuya Naito at Dominion. He hasn’t appeared on New Japan programing since, though in his last appearance seemed to set up an angle between him and EVIL.
Link: https://omny.fm/shows/talk-is-jerich...eview-fullshow

Quote:
Coming off a 32-percent drop in viewership for last week's show, Impact Wrestling ratings managed to rebound a bit on Thursday night.

Last night's episode averaged 210,000 viewers on Pop TV, up from 168,000 viewers for the previous week's Impact. Last Thursday was the third-lowest number for a new episode of Impact since the company debuted on Pop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Jan Murphy at The Whig-Standard spoke with Jeff Hardy during an international media call ahead of SummerSlam this Sunday. Hardy addressed his physical issues he is working through noting the schedule he is keeping up with the WWE and limiting the use of the Swanton. He stated that his back is doing better than it was a few weeks prior but has dealt with nerve issues with his elbow that led to his hand being asleep for seven weeks until regaining the feeling recently. He added that two goals were to have a Hell in a Cell match (which is the September pay-per-view) and to do an Ultimate Deletion match in the WWE. When his DUI charge from this past year was brought up and the recent WWE Network special, Hardy stated:

Talking about all that stuff was hard. It just sucked. I was really nervous before I watched, but after watching it, I was like, ‘Wow, that was honest, and open, and raw, and I was really pleased with the outcome of it all.’ But … I’m not going to lie, it was tough and I’ll be starting my community service this week for my recent arrest. But everything’s over, I’ve just got to make everything right now, and I’m underway and that was my first and last DUI.
Link: https://www.thewhig.com/entertainmen...hardy-reflects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful.com
In one of the few interviews he has done since being reinstated by WWE, Hulk Hogan said that those who did not accept his return to the good graces of the company and reinstatement to the WWE Hall of Fame were not living up to the brotherhood that professional wrestlers share.

Appearing on the debut episode of the Apter Cast, the new podcast from longtime wrestling reporter/photographer Bill Apter, Hogan talked extensively about being blackballed by WWE in 2015 after audio leaked of racist comments he made on a sex tape. WWE management ultimately welcomed Hogan back to the company, and he addressed the entire main roster prior to the Extreme Rules pay-per-view in July where he issued a wholesale apology for his racial comments.

"A lot of people accepted my apology," Hogan said on the podcast. "And a lot of people heard what they wanted to hear and a lot of the narrative that came out of the meeting was on point. A lot of the narrative was really different. I was surprised to hear some people interpreted what I said that I was just sorry I got caught. I'm on camera, whatever they interpreted, but I never said that."

After Hogan met with current WWE talent, several African-American members of the roster made public remarks still questioning Hogan's comments and motivations. Titus O'Neil said Hogan lacked true remorse while the New Day -- Kofi Kingston, Big E and Xavier Woods -- issued a collective statement on Kofi's Twitter account that they were "indifferent" to Hogan's reinstatement and found it difficult to forget.

"I just hope the brotherhood can get back to the way it was," Hogan added, drawing a parallel to how wrestlers protect one another from injury during a match. "Outside the ring, you're supposed to protect your brother. In this case, it's a situation where 75, 80, 90 percent of the wrestlers are protecting me and they're giving me another chance to move forward. There's just a few wrestlers that don't understand the bond and the brotherhood of wrestling. If someone makes a mistake, you need to forgive them and move on and try to let them prove themselves.”

Hogan added that, at the meeting at Extreme Rules, he asked if anyone had any questions for him. The only person to stand and ask a question was Mark Henry.

"I just wanted to be able to, if anybody had any questions or anybody had anything to say at that time, I really just wanted them to say it to my face so I could address it," Hogan said. "Hopefully understand the issue and get them to understand me."
Link: https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/h...hood-wrestling

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingInc
Earlier today it was announced Jimmy Jacobs will be involved in The Over Budget Battle Hour at All In: Zero Hour. 8 of the 15 entrants have now been announced for the match: Jordynne Grace, Moose, Rocky Romero, Colt Cabana, Ethan Page, Brian Cage, Billy Gunn, and Jacobs.

Jimmy Jacobs is ALL IN #ZeroHour

September 1st on @wgnamerica pic.twitter.com/Eqsn3diExc
— All In (@ALL_IN_2018) August 17, 2018
Link: https://twitter.com/ALL_IN_2018/stat...90269085949954

Quote:
Matt Jackson announced TGI Fridays will be a sponsor for "All In." The restaurant currently has All-In deal including one appetizer, one entree, and one dessert for $10.

Go #ALLIN at @TGIFridays, one of the official sponsors of @ALL_IN_2018! https://t.co/7v37JHJThn pic.twitter.com/u3fyjcKeDQ
— The Young Bucks (@MattJackson13) August 17, 2018
Link: https://twitter.com/MattJackson13/st...86709895233536

Quote:
WWE recently filed for new trademarks on the following Superstar names: Mike Kanellis, Bobby Lashley, Sonya Deville, Sarah Logan and Mandy Rose.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, AJ Styles recently surpassed JBL to become the longest ever reigning WWE champion in Smackdown Brand Split Era history. Styles recently commented on the milestone: https://youtu.be/BOkVxXV3MQo

Some stuff from TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote