View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 11:40 PM   #1408
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Ugh, I'm so sick of all these topics on the Mets message board, my friends, and even the local radio talking about how the Mets have no chance at getting Manny in the off-season without giving up Lastings Milledge....I've even heard "Omar Minaya is a genius if he can get Manny without losing Milledge"

If Milledge is involved in this trade then Omar is just as big a dope as the past G.M.'s the Mets have had...Now the reasons...again:

1) The Boston Red Sox and Manny want to part ways.

2) At the begining of last season the Soxs put Manny out there for NOTHING to dump his salary. Nobody took him.

3) There is only ONE..ONE...ONE team that will and can take on his salary the M-E-T-S Mets Mets Mets.. who the hell else will do this, Boston won't work with the Yankees, the only other team.

4) Boston is going to be totally restructered during the off season and the P.R. hit of dumping Manny will not be as bad after losing so quickly in the NLDS. If the Sox won the World Series again then the P.R. of getting rid of Manny in the off season would be more difficult.

5) Omar was brought in to make deals like this without giving up the Mets' future. The Red Sox can ask all they want about Milledge but Omar can just say "screw you" for the above reasons...especially #3...so now what do they do... they take whatever Omar offers as long as it doesn't make the Boston front office lose face.

----
Am I the only person that realizes this?