View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 03:45 PM   #1416
BCWWF
The People's Member

BCWWF is good (20,000+)BCWWF is good (20,000+)BCWWF is good (20,000+)BCWWF is good (20,000+)BCWWF is good (20,000+)BCWWF is good (20,000+)BCWWF is good (20,000+)BCWWF is good (20,000+)
Hunter is by far the man, the face of the Twins, and I really hope that they don't trade him. Of course, with Damon and Bernie's situation, the two suitable teams are automatically Boston and New York, I see New York as a more legit candidate for some reason.

Anyway, the only thing that New York could offer us is Robinson Cano, but even if they did offer us that, Cano is not worth Hunter straight up, not even close. What Hunter does in centerfield and in the clubhouse is worth more then that. From what I've read, New York's package would include like that Bubba guy. Are you kididng me? Trade the face of the Twins for the fourth outfielder on the Yankees?

We already have a top three starting rotation in the AL, and probably top three bullpen as well. Now we need bats and we need them now. Adding that guy, even if he will eventually be good, doesn't do anything for us. We've got outfield prospects of our own that are probably better.

I don't know, the Twins won't trade Hunter and if they do they get hosed.