View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 04:50 AM   #41
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Loved it. Think I even enjoyed it more than the first

SPOILER: show

Not even going to bother talking about the jokes, references, and meta stuff, because theres so much, I wouldn't even know where to start. But it's all fucking great.

I've said for a while that trailers these days show too much. BvsS practically shows the whole movie. Not only was there plenty of great scenes not shown, but they completely trick the audience with the shots of Shatterstar and Bedlam fighting. Then you watch the movie and.....I lost my shit completely at that whole sequence. I couldn't breathe. It was so unexpected.

And Juggernaut. How the fuck did they keep that under wraps? That was peobably one of the best surprises in a super hero movie. So awesome to have a proper Juggernaut on the big screen. Glad he survives to possibly reappear in the future.

Brolin's Cable was fantastic. Fuck the haters saying he isn't tall enough. Dude nailed it.

I wasn't completely sold on Domino in previews, but she was another one that killed. Captured the swagger and wit that make the comic version so cool.

So yeah. The first film had more impact because it was such a unique, different take on superhero films. But the superior antagonists push this one over the first for me. Just barely though. I love them both.

Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote