View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 06:31 PM   #120
Dark One
King of Suplexes/Oxy

Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan X View Post
Seems like a lot of folks are saying it's one of the best episodes I'd say it's the worst. But still good.
I agree with you. I think from a high level perspective, this show lacked the glue and flow of the other episodes. There was no huge overarching story or hook to make things work. The few weeks before Full Gear, you had Cody/Jericho and a general Elite/Inner Circle feud that was interwoven throughout the show. Last week still had a bit of that with the fallout to MJF's turn and Cody's stip, which flowed naturally into Jericho+Sammy's Tag Title Shot.

This week everything felt separate and mostly isolated. Yeah, there was some connection like with Nick stealing the slapjack from PnP and Jurassic Express running in at the end of the Inner Circle segment, but it doesn't feel like there was one major plot pushing things along from segment to segment.

All the individual parts were mostly good, so it was still a "good" show, but I think the major differentiator for AEW has been the fact that it feels like a living/breathing show and a "real" place where people interact. This week was a lot more like a standard WWE show where it felt to an extent like 8 different producers/writers produced 8 separate segments and no one really talked.
Dark One is offline   Reply With Quote