Thread: GotY 2019
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 12:57 AM   #53
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
Feel like E.T. (for sure one of the worst ever, no doubt) is blown way out of proportion by the hyperbolic urban legend. It's funny reading all the stories about it being 10 times worse than any other peice of software ever and it's like....ehhhhhhhh *press X to doubt*.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
I think its worse because of 2 factors

1. No perspective on what games were at the time

2. Playing it without a manual is 1000x worse

even still its urban legend status is earned...its not big rigs tho...
Though I get the bagging on ET - and I lived through it; I owned that game - it isn't so much urban legend than straw that broke the camel's back for the games industry at the time and being the scapegoat since with the true and proven legend about the recalled carts buried in a landfill.

Objectively, being the poorly designed rushjob made by a single person that it was, it wasn't like it was much worse than Raiders of the Lost Ark (where you needed the instructions for ET, you needed the included goddamn map and walkthru for Raiders). But all that considered, the biggest problem with ET was the touchy controls. Shit was frustrating with the stiff-ass joystick with a single button that had to do multiple functions.

My vote for 2019 games:

1) Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
2) The Outer Worlds
3) River City Girls

Honorable Mention) Resident Evil 2*

*(with the qualifier that though I love RE, and the game came out this year, I don't really like the ammo eating nature of the retooled mechanics - added frustration for frustraton's sake just to do something different from the masterful remake of 1)

My vote for shitty shit shit-tier turd tournament:

Shaq-Fu. You know your fighting game is terrible when, on a roster of bland and rather forgettable misfits, the titular character is also the whackest.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote